Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weeping angel script
Wank Offline

Threads: 11
Weeping angel script

Hello everyone! I wanted to know what script I could use to basically be a weeping angel from Doctor Who. If you don't know what that is, it basically moves when you are not looking. So when you look away, it comes closer. I have my statue all set up and able to be inactive and be an entity, but I want him to be like a weeping angel. Help? Thank you.
05-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Weeping angel script

It's not going to be easy, but you can use the function SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area.

- So you would need a series of script areas & deactivated statues
- Keep track of where the player is using AddEntityCollideCallback to set the value of a string when they collide with one of the script areas
- Keep track of which statue is currently active
- Use SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area away from where the current statue is
- Deactivate the current statue and activate another closer to where the player is

Hope that gives you enough to get going with it, I can't think of a simpler way to do it that would work well sadly...

05-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Find
Wank Offline

(05-30-2013, 12:34 AM)Adrianis Wrote: It's not going to be easy, but you can use the function SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area.

- So you would need a series of script areas & deactivated statues
- Keep track of where the player is using AddEntityCollideCallback to set the value of a string when they collide with one of the script areas
- Keep track of which statue is currently active
- Use SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area away from where the current statue is
- Deactivate the current statue and activate another closer to where the player is

Hope that gives you enough to get going with it, I can't think of a simpler way to do it that would work well sadly...

I'm really not an expert at scripting.
05-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Oh man this is hard......thats what she said
Where do you want to do this? The whole map?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Find
Wank Offline

(05-30-2013, 01:28 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Oh man this is hard......thats what she said

Um, I guess. Just on one statue on a later map...

(05-30-2013, 01:40 AM)Wank Wrote:
(05-30-2013, 01:28 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Oh man this is hard......thats what she said

Um, I guess. Just on one statue on a later map...

Yes for the whole map.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013, 01:52 AM by Wank.)
05-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Find