Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Grunt Sounds
zergling50 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds

(06-16-2013, 11:25 PM)sonataarctica Wrote:
(06-16-2013, 09:11 PM)zergling50 Wrote:
(06-16-2013, 07:56 PM)sonataarctica Wrote:
(06-16-2013, 06:53 PM)zergling50 Wrote:
(06-16-2013, 06:25 PM)sonataarctica Wrote: Yeah, the sounds need to have a .snt file... What format are your sounds? You need to convert the sounds to .ogg sound files then create .snt files for the .ogg sounds.

They are .ogg files. Instead of creating .snt files for the sounds I just edited the existing .snt files to reference my sounds instead of the original sounds. Do I need to create .snt files for them anyway? If so how? Sorry for the trouble but thanks so much for helping me.

I would create new .snt files for them just to be sure. Yeah just editing another .snt file for yours will work, but make sure the .ogg file and .snt file are in the same directory.

They are. Since I know only so much can be explained through text, is there a way for me to show you screenshots of whats going on?

http://imgur.com/a/heQEQ
here is an imgur album of screenshots I made explaining my situation. I hope this helps clarify my situation =)

Had a quick look, I think it might be because you called the names exactly the same as the default amnesia names - try calling them something entirely different. Remember to change all of the snt files too not just the oggs!

Not certain on this but worth a try - whenever I have a problem it's usually just a case of trying every different option until the problem is fixed haha.

The only problem is that it only lets me replace the idle, hunt, and alert sounds. I want to also change the sounds the grunt makes when attacking (not the sound of the grunts attack as that's different although the model editor does let you change that) along with all of the grunts other main noises. How can I do this?
06-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Find