Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No extra_english.lang
Darkluminoo Offline

Threads: 1
No extra_english.lang

So I am new to making custom stories, and I was trying to make notes for a story. I am finding that I need an extra_english.lang file in my custom story folder, but I don't have one. What do I do?
06-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: No extra_english.lang

You have to make your own--just open up Notepad or some equivalent typing program, include whatever you need to get your story running, and then save it as "extra_english.lang". And make sure you add the .lang at the end, or else you'll just save it as a normal .txt file, or whatever you default is.

06-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
amnesiaplayer321 Offline

Threads: 4

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...stom_story use this page
06-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Find
richm0nkey Offline

Threads: 9

The notepad way is one way but if I am not mistaken there is actually a program that comes with the map editor, model editor etc called HplLangTool.exe. Just make a blank txt document in your story's root and make the .txt portion say .lang instead. Open HplLangTool then use that tool to open the .lang. You might have to find more tuts on how to use the tool the right way but it will more or less likely be easier than typing the whole thing out.

[EDIT:]
Make sure the lang file is named extra_english.lang :3

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013, 06:52 AM by richm0nkey.)
06-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Find