Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Work in progress Frunken Productions announcement thread!
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Frunken Productions announcement thread!

(10-19-2013, 11:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote: That axe is too blunt to inflict any real cutting damage as an axe is supposed to, after watching the video. Plus, the veins appear to just be a flat texture which anatomically is incorrect as veins push up the surface of the skin meaning that the high poly bake of the ogre should have that for more realism.

Seriously though, that axe would be fucking awful as a weapon, it'd smash your skull in not cut you, the edge is way too blunt. Also, he's not even holding the axe. Plus, eyes are just a solid gray from what I saw and can see. Forearms either don't have an elbow or that elbow is really fucking weird.
I get the fact that it's not human anatomy, but it reflects it to the degree that it should follow it with these things. It's good, but with a few blatant flaws.

Well, for the starters, this is still a WIP. I made this just for fun as a personal project so I slacked on some things (yes I know the axe is not sharp enough). But my pal Wapez thought it would be cool for me finish this ogre (that is to polish, make a low poly version, etc) and then use it for our full conversion mod that we are working on. I could have posed him better and make him actually hold the axe but like I said, I didnt really care since this is a personal project and it's still not 100% that we will use it. There are veins that are actually sculpted and the veins that are not are only for the detail purpose, after all, that's the point of the texturing, and you wont even be able to tell if its sculpted or painted couse you wont get that close to the monster. And I don't know how much you know about anatomy and I don't really care but the anatomy doesn't have to be 100 % accurate on creatures and monsters (especially if the creatures are humanoid) as long as the basic anatomy is right and works well with the rest of the body. I really don't see why the elbow here is "fucking weird". He has some amount of body fat that covers the elow so you have to think about that too.

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
10-19-2013, 11:56 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

@Robosprog

Feedback is always nice, we will take everything we hear into consideration while trying to improve. However, I am a bit disappointed in the way you paint up the bad things.

Be careful about how you use the word "should" without pointing out that this is your own personal opinion, and not a general truth. Maybe stuff was meant to be in a way that you personally haven't realized or understood. "It doesn't exist or it's fucking weird" is also an expression that I have a hard time understanding why someone would use to comment a thing like this.

Anyway, thank you for noticing and pointing out the flaws to us, as we will base our upcoming work on this. It's much appreciated.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
10-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Find
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16

The ogre looks awesome Smile great work!

My mod Amadeus
10-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Find