Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JENS OR ANYBODY who has all knowlege of SANITYEVENTS\HUDS.HELP!!!
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: JENS OR ANYBODY who has all knowlege of SANITYEVENTS\HUDS.HELP!!!

(07-09-2013, 07:14 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I guess it only works randomly, because that's what it's intended to be. Working randomly.

But,
Why is there a script the like
StartRandomInsanityEvent();
() why c'n't we place anything in there???
jens should tell us how this works, i can not look in the source code.
07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Maybe it starts a random insanity even... at a random time

Trying is the first step to success.
07-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(07-09-2013, 09:05 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Maybe it starts a random insanity even... at a random time

maybe,
But.. i removed all those parts on the cfg,
AND i game.cfg i had changed the INSANIY all to 0 and later to 1
doesnt affect the game,
so anyone who created the engine can only tell how it works beekayk...
I never think anyone of the frictiponal games will respond on this..
so,
I amk fucked, and the hud just won't show up for ..???i dont even know..
CAUSE ALL IS RANDOM...
i still cant understand that there isnt a script somewhere that we maybe dont have\know and isnt in the wiki..
Hopefully somone could help me and the others who wants custom huds/...
07-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Find
Posting Freak

If you can't make it work, find a way around...
Smile

07-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(07-09-2013, 11:19 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: If you can't make it work, find a way around...
Smile

YEah... that's the point beeK...
HOW?
How or what can i do to show like a HUD..?
07-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Find
Posting Freak

I know it isn't super realistic, but when you look directly out of a gasmask, i bet you don't see both holes, and those black areas in the sides. You can always try to play with the original screen effects. FadePlayerRadialBlurTo(0.05f, 1.0f); or something... play the sounds.

07-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(07-09-2013, 11:24 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 11:19 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: If you can't make it work, find a way around...
Smile

HOW?

You should be able to do it with a custom lantern - have a series of billboards on the model and animate it to display them over the players camera when they activate it without having an actual model or light source. That's only theory though, I have no idea how Timorem & Co did it. Of course, that presents it's own set of issues & restriction, such as not having a flashlight, but there are other ways round that.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 09:44 AM by Adrianis.)
07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(07-10-2013, 09:43 AM)Adrianis Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 11:24 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
Smile

HOW?

You should be able to do it with a custom lantern - have a series of billboards on the model and animate it to display them over the players camera when they activate it without having an actual model or light source. That's only theory though, I have no idea how Timorem & Co did it. Of course, that presents it's own set of issues & restriction, such as not having a flashlight, but there are other ways round that.

I need the flashlight,...
we don't have to, but it looks way better in this story!
still no awnser of jens or anyone who knows how this ISNANITY works..
i have no idea how i ever have to make something attached to the lanter \ flashlight..
cause then those things ONLY work when the lanern\flashlight is turned on???
SOmeone needs to explane moer about all this.
For all sake...
WHY is amnesia so rescricted!!!
07-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(07-10-2013, 01:41 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: WHY is amnesia so rescricted!!!

You're trying to bend a system designed for one very particular thing (sanity events), into a whole different thing (a HUD). Those things are entirely unrelated, expect issues!

Yeh a flashlight is super important, as is you're HUD right? It's increasingly looking like you're going to need to either combine the two, or pick which is more important to you.

Modding a game is always going to involve a great deal of restrictions - if you want those restrictions to go away, there are several very high quality free game engines available, UDK and Unity are both excellent in different ways and offer an extreme degree of freedom. But it involves a lot of work, HPL2 & Amnesia modding takes a lot of that work away from you, but you have to work within it's restrictions as a result.

On another note, if you haven't already you may want to PM Jens, he might not respond, but he might! It's worth a go

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 05:14 PM by Adrianis.)
07-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(07-10-2013, 05:14 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 01:41 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: WHY is amnesia so rescricted!!!

You're trying to bend a system designed for one very particular thing (sanity events), into a whole different thing (a HUD). Those things are entirely unrelated, expect issues!

Yeh a flashlight is super important, as is you're HUD right? It's increasingly looking like you're going to need to either combine the two, or pick which is more important to you.

Modding a game is always going to involve a great deal of restrictions - if you want those restrictions to go away, there are several very high quality free game engines available, UDK and Unity are both excellent in different ways and offer an extreme degree of freedom. But it involves a lot of work, HPL2 & Amnesia modding takes a lot of that work away from you, but you have to work within it's restrictions as a result.

On another note, if you haven't already you may want to PM Jens, he might not respond, but he might! It's worth a go

Jens won't response,
That guy is way too busy for responding 1000 of people...
And NO, its not a flashlight thing.
It is a TOTALLY NEW HUD, so all customs tuff is deleted from the sanityevent.cfg.
There are 4 new huds available, but that will be at least 10+ "working on the details etcetc.."
The huds are working! only randomly!!!??? i dont understand why, i dont understand that part of the engine.....
WHITH RANDOM i mean.. ALL work, in 1 map i need 1 HUD, so i just DEACTIVATE the other ones..
Perfectly fine, the other huds witch are deactivated NEVER show up..
ONLY the one i want does, but RANDOMLY "when restarting the map couple of times OR just when entering the specific SCRIPTAREA"
IF hopefully anyone of FC or like HORIZON would tell me somehting i \ we don't know.....
OR maybe one of the MODERATORS who knows almost everything!
I keep up the hope...
but falling a little bit into the abyss.....
If this isn't working 100% lot of people would NTO see the HUDS what make this FC special and gives that extra toutch.. INVESTIGATOR...You may understand a little that those ppl have sudden things involved with investigating...
PLEASE if anyone knows something about this feature for HUDS or\and SANITYEVENTS.
Let me \ us know here on this page or open a new thread.
regards Lange
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM by DnALANGE.)
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Find