Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with the cinematic menu made by Statyk
clonerex340 Offline

Threads: 14
Problems with the cinematic menu made by Statyk

I have just installed the cinematic menu made by Statyk, but whenever I launch Amnesia TDD, all I get is a black screen where the mouse leaves permanent trails. Please help!!
07-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Problems with the cinematic menu made by Statyk

You sure you installed it correctly ?
I've installed it once and it has no problem. It must go to your "Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\main_menu\main" folder and replace "menu_bg.map".

And I have got the same black screen just like you when I change the background to a video (I was testing if it can load .bik files or other files).

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
07-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Find
clonerex340 Offline

Threads: 14

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work and I still got the same black screen. Did you mean replace the file with the same one in the Cinematic_Menu_EntranceHall_v2 file?

I accidentally dragged the menu_bg BACKUP.map into there, too. Should I delete that?
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2013, 07:41 PM by clonerex340.)
07-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

You don't have to delete menu_bg BACKUP.map . It's just a backup for the original background. You have to replace the menu_bg with the new one. Note : if the cinematic menu name isn't menu_bg, you have to rename it to menu_bg and replace the original menu_bg.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
07-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Find
richm0nkey Offline

Threads: 9

Could it have something to do with the menu_bg.map.cache? I had issues with it but after deleting the .cache file it worked fine

07-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Delete the .map_cache if it's in there, and also, did you follow the installation correctly? It's set up so you would drag the folders into the amnesia folders and it would do all the merging/overwriting for you. You shouldn't have to go into each directory and drag+drop by hand.
07-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Find