Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a pickup entity?
KingCrimson Offline

Threads: 14
How to make a pickup entity?

Well, im planning to make a custom story where the player has to pickup an entity (More specificaly, arabic_statue_gold). Does anyone have any idea about how to make this happen? I mean, you can pickup the entity. But i want it to "disappear" and go to the player's inventory. Is that possible?

Current Projects:
DADDY - 10%
07-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Find
Karba Offline

Threads: 5
RE: How to make a pickup entity?

I believe that you might need to create a full conversion if you want to customize backpack icons and such. Then you need to convert the entity in a model editor like maya or something to the item format.

Or you could place a "Script-Area" on top of your entity, and when a player clicks it, the entity disappear and the item gets added to your backpack.

If you make a full conversion, you can edit an existing item's (Example "bone_saw") backpack icon and replace it with a picture of your statue, and when the player clicks this "Script-Area" i talked about up there it adds the "bone_saw" to your inventory, but with your custom icon.

Make backups and experiment abit (:

If you scream for 8 years, 7 month and 6 days you have produced enough energy to warm a cup of coffee
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013, 12:52 AM by Karba.)
07-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Find
KingCrimson Offline

Threads: 14

(07-21-2013, 12:43 AM)Karba Wrote: I believe that you might need to create a full conversion if you want to customize backpack icons and such. Then you need to convert the entity in a model editor like maya or something to the item format.

Or you could place a "Script-Area" on top of your entity, and when a player clicks it, the entity disappear and the item gets added to your backpack.

If you make a full conversion, you can edit an existing item's (Example "bone_saw") backpack icon and replace it with a picture of your statue, and when the player clicks this "Script-Area" i talked about up there it adds the "bone_saw" to your inventory, but with your custom icon.

Make backups and experiment abit (:

Thanks, i'll try. Problem is i must do it without making my CS a Full Conversion. Since somehow full conversions don't work on my PC (I've tried installing lots of times lots of full conversions) and i couldn't test it...

Thank you Wink

Current Projects:
DADDY - 10%
07-21-2013, 02:06 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

*facepalm* That's not how you do it.

Spoiler below!

Make a backup of the file. Then take the original copy to your custom story folder (and the backup to the redist one too).
However, the statue's .mat file is still pointing at the redist one so, make a new .mat file with your directory.
Then make a new .ent by using the Model Editor. Give it a body. And then, change the User Set Variables to Item ---> *. Then set the specifications.
IT HAVE TO HAVE AN INVENTORY IMAGE!
Then Save. And then export.

*Depending on what you want the item for. There should be a dropdown list.

If that is not what you want, then I don't know.

EDIT:
Also, you only need FC's if you want to change things such as the Lantern, Player Speed, anything that scripts can't do.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013, 03:10 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
07-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Find