Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Import Custom Enemies?
FurtherGames Offline

Threads: 23
How To Import Custom Enemies?

I downloaded a set of custom monsters and I put them in;

Program Files (x86)/Desura/Common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/Entities/Enemy

But they didn't seem to show up.
The set included;

"Girl"
"Jaguar"
"Horseman"

I couldn't find a link, sorry.
08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies?

I need more information, I can't diagnose what's the problem with this little information.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

(08-05-2013, 09:22 PM)The chaser Wrote: I need more information, I can't diagnose what's the problem with this little information.

Sorry, I meant they wouldn't even show up in my level editor. I was told to put custom times to use in my level editor in this file location.
08-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

What files did you download? I mean, how did you install them? Were they just a .dae, or there are .ent's?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

(08-06-2013, 12:24 AM)The chaser Wrote: What files did you download? I mean, how did you install them? Were they just a .dae, or there are .ent's?

The "Girl" Folder contains two files;

Girl.ent -- Girl.png

The "Jaguar" Folder contains four files;

jaguar - Copy.dae (Probably unneeded) -- Jaguar tex normal.png

Jaguar tex.png -- jaguar.dae

I put these Folders into the first File Location I described. They didn't show up in my level editor.
08-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47

(08-04-2013, 08:54 PM)FurtherGames Wrote: I downloaded a set of custom monsters and I put them in;

Program Files (x86)/Desura/Common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/Entities/Enemy

But they didn't seem to show up.
The set included;

"Girl"
"Jaguar"
"Horseman"

I hope this helps.

1.Place this line in your resources.cfg file for your custom story or conversion mod - <Directory Path="/nameofdirectory" AddSubDirs="true" /> Change the "nameofdirectory"to the name of the custom location of your folding holding the custom files.

2.Place the desired files in their proper locations. The "girl" will go into the entities folder in your custom story or conversion since it is an entity and the "jaguar" will have to be placed into the static_objects folder for your custom story or conversion.

3.Load up any entity in the editor you want to be the girl and click the "entity file" browser at the bottom of the general tab and go to your folder where you placed the girl, which should be in your custom location and select it and save. Do the same for the jaguar but this time select a static object to be replaced for the jaguar.

4.After saving the files in the editor after changing them to the wanted item, open the model editor and open the files you have replaced with the original objects, the girl and the jaguar. Give them their required attributes in the settings "User defined variables" option. The girl will have to be an NPC and the jaguar a static prop. After that save and load up the game and it should be working.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 01:40 AM by GoreGrinder99.)
08-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(08-04-2013, 08:54 PM)FurtherGames Wrote: I downloaded a set of custom monsters and I put them in Program Files (x86)/Desura/Common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/Entities/Enemy, but they didn't seem to show up.

The set included:
  • Girl
  • Jaguar
  • Horseman

I believe you're talking about Hermoor's models . These models were incomplete and the rigging used is very difficult to animate. If you scroll through the thread these models were posted in, you'll find that there were too many complications for anyone to actually create a working animation.

You could probably use them as static models, but there's nothing else you can really do with them unfortunately :\ (unless you make them into weeping angels :p)

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 02:41 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
08-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(08-06-2013, 12:50 AM)FurtherGames Wrote:
(08-06-2013, 12:24 AM)The chaser Wrote: What files did you download? I mean, how did you install them? Were they just a .dae, or there are .ent's?

Girl.ent -- Girl.png

I put these Folders into the first File Location I described. They didn't show up in my level editor.

Oh, then it's completely normal for them to not appear:

The girl has a .ent and a .png file. There's an entity file, however, there is no MODEL file.
The jaguar has the model, so you could probabily put it in static_objets and it would appear, however, as it has no .ent, it doesn't appear in entities.
Wait... do they have a .mat file?

@Goregrinder

That doesn't matter in this case, as he/she is putting those models in an already Amnesia existing folder.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

(08-06-2013, 09:19 AM)The chaser Wrote:
(08-06-2013, 12:50 AM)FurtherGames Wrote:

Girl.ent -- Girl.png

Oh, then it's completely normal for them to not appear:

The girl has a .ent and a .png file. There's an entity file, however, there is no MODEL file.
The jaguar has the model, so you could probabily put it in static_objets and it would appear, however, as it has no .ent, it doesn't appear in entities.
Wait... do they have a .mat file?

@Goregrinder

That doesn't matter in this case, as he/she is putting those models in an already Amnesia existing folder.
I listed all the files inside the folders. That's all they had.
08-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Well, if they don't have a .mat, they directly won't show up. The amnesia engine uses .mat files to determinate what textures are used for a model, and, if there isn't .mat file, Amnesia doesn't know what textures the model should have.

So... knowing the models are unfinished... if I was you, I'd forget to use those models Sad I'm sorry.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Find