Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Ending [Spoiler]?????
shifty Offline

Threads: 3
Information  Ending [Spoiler]?????

I finished the whole game and unfortunately i didn't really get the ending
Spoiler below!
as the email he sends is a bit conflicting. Does he do what is asked of him by the "Tum" or does he go against their wishes and try to kill them or try and get them discovered??? What about Philips Dad? Did he die because of his son or what???

Thanks goes to anyone trying to clear things up for me. Lol i know im sounding a bit stupid right now but i got the whole story all mumbled up in my head.
08-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Ending [Spoiler]?????

Yeah, it's confuzing. No one really understands it 100%, but thats why they're making an expantion pack.

I think it was their plan for Philip to tell them. I think they will keep getting people to come there 1 by 1.
08-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I think the idea was that people should leave the 'alien(s)' alone, and that's why Howard send the 'last' pieces of information about the Greenland and asked to destroy them so no one could ever find the place and finally alien(s) can be alone. But that's why Philip interested about it...

And the e-mail - was once again last piece of information.

That's my theory... Any one else? Theories?

08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Website Find
Penumbra Offline

Idk, Philip did keep saying that he wasn't going to make the same mistakes as his dad did. Harward did what he was told and all it did was bring another person there out of curiosity. Maybe now that Philip said to kill them all, no one will go.
08-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

This is what I said in another topic a while back:

The ending to me isn't too confusing. I played it a second time, and this is how I took it:

"I promised the hive that I would contact someone I could trust, that I would have them destroy all evidence of this place, just as my father had promised himself. I, however, will not make the same mistakes my father made - you now understand the truth of the events that lead me here, and the imeasurable importance of my words. Armed with this knowledge, you must have the strength to do that which I could not.

I promised I would send this email to you. I promised I would ask that you keep all humans from this place - for the sake of the Tuurngait, and for the human race. I lied."

One thing to take note - "I would have them destroy all evidence of this place, just as my father had promised himself. I, however, will not make the same mistakes my father made."

His father promised to destroy the evidence, but Philip says, I however, will not make the same mistakes my father made. thus it sounds like Philip will not do that, but rather kill off the plague and the tuurngait.

Also, he states that he promises to keep all humans from entering the shelter. then he adds, he lied. Finally, he states,

"Kill them."
"Kill them all."

So he lied about keeping the humans from entering the shelter. Thus it sounds lile Philip just wants the humans to go and kill them. Thus is probably why he added the coordinance to the place.

It's what I believe anyway

(link: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...771&page=2 )
08-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Find
PeeWee Offline

Threads: 0

Just beat BP a few minutes ago.

It's pretty clear that Philip wants the Turngaiit and everything destroyed.

The only question I have (and there isn't a clear answer to it, but I like it better this way anyway) is whether or not he is actually doing what the Turngaiit wanted him to do or not.

Think about it. The Turngaiit explained that it understands human nature. Perhaps it asked Philip to keep people away knowing full well that Philip would get more people to come to the facility, thereby giving the Turngaiit more individuals that could join it. Perhaps this is its way of once again rising to power on the Earth. It stated that before it was plentiful, and lived with the humans, but that as time marched on and technology advanced it was driven away. Is it possible that it harbors hate (or something akin to that) for mankind? Maybe it wishes to gather enough power to its side to expand outside of the facility, but it needs more people to do so. In this way, Philip may be helping it out without actually knowing it.

But then again I might be reading too much into it. Perhaps it is cut and dry, but it's fun to think about.
09-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

I think... May be there is any way to open "mistery door" again? I talking about door in the end of Overture and Requiem.. In Requiem there is no ability to open electric panel behind cupboard in Red's room.. may be
09-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Hmm...maybe. That'd be cool. I'm dying to find out what that code does. I dont see why frictional cant just ell us...Sad
09-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

It will be too easy)
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Find
Cypherious
Unregistered

Tuurngait had xeno wish,to take over Earth,it connected with inuiti,agents followed them,found the alien,made the facility,got infected.
Tuurngait would connect with everyone's minds,mankind is too violent for it.
Now,Tuurngait wishes to be sealed or destroyed,so that less crap would be made.
It just made too much nonsense...
09-05-2008, 09:41 PM