Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Humble Origin Bundle - $210 Worth of EA Games for Charity
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
Humble Origin Bundle - $210 Worth of EA Games for Charity

I know people have mentioned this a couple times in other posts, but I didn't see a thread up on it so I thought I'd start one. Humble bundle going on now is the origin bundle, containing:

1. Dead Space
2. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
3. Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
4. Mirror's Edge
5. Dead Space 3
6. Medal of Honor
7. Battlefield 3 (If you beat the average of ~$5)
8. The Sims 3 + Starter Pack (If you beat the average or ~$5)

Pretty fantastic deal, especially considering all the money is going to charity with this bundle. Kind of a surprise, given EA's policies in the not so distant past. Lasts for a couple weeks.

For those not familiar with humble bundles, you choose how much you want to spend, give as little or as much as you want for this bundle of games, choose how much goes to which charity, and you'll get access to the respective steam/origin codes for these games.
08-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5
RE: Humble Origin Bundle - $210 Worth of EA Games for Charity

I also haven't expected this kind of action from EA. They really risen in my esteem. Big Grin
08-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

Yeah, but most of the games require Origin, which I'm not too keen on cluttering my hard drive with, especially since I already have Steam.

I'm on the fence.

08-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-16-2013, 04:17 PM)graykin Wrote: Yeah, but most of the games require Origin, which I'm not too keen on cluttering my hard drive with, especially since I already have Steam.

I'm on the fence.

I hadn't used Origin at all before buying these games but I'm happy with it so far. It's unintrusive and the interface is appealing IMO. Anyway, only BF3 and The Sims require Origin, all of the others work on both.
08-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Just finished Mirrors Edge... I AM AMAZED! I LOVE THIS GAME NOW! And i want number 2...

Trying is the first step to success.
08-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I could have sworn I made a post in here?

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-17-2013, 06:33 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

(08-16-2013, 04:22 PM)Bridge Wrote: I hadn't used Origin at all before buying these games but I'm happy with it so far. It's unintrusive and the interface is appealing IMO. Anyway, only BF3 and The Sims require Origin, all of the others work on both.

Not to mention Dead Space 3, at least according to the Origin Bundle homepage. It wouldn't be the first time the HIB put up quasi-false information about that sort of thing, though. With the Serious Sam bundle, they said almost all of the games would require Steam keys, but I think only Serious Sam 2, BFE, and First/Second Encounter HD needed keys.

Well, maybe it's not as bad as I thought, but I think I'll wait a bit still. These HIB's tend to reveal extra goodies as time goes on--maybe EA will eventually let us have them all on Steam (unlikely, but a guy can dream).

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 01:10 PM by graykin.)
08-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-17-2013, 01:04 PM)graykin Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 04:22 PM)Bridge Wrote: I hadn't used Origin at all before buying these games but I'm happy with it so far. It's unintrusive and the interface is appealing IMO. Anyway, only BF3 and The Sims require Origin, all of the others work on both.

Not to mention Dead Space 3, at least according to the Origin Bundle homepage. It wouldn't be the first time the HIB put up quasi-false information about that sort of thing, though. With the Serious Sam bundle, they said almost all of the games would require Steam keys, but I think only Serious Sam 2, BFE, and First/Second Encounter HD needed keys.

Well, maybe it's not as bad as I thought, but I think I'll wait a bit still. These HIB's tend to reveal extra goodies as time goes on--maybe EA will eventually let us have them all on Steam (unlikely, but a guy can dream).

And the people who have already purchased will for some reason be excluded from these extra goodies should they be added? That makes absolutely no sense. If extras are added, they will be made available to everyone no matter when they bought I'm sure.
08-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-17-2013, 02:35 PM)Bridge Wrote: And the people who have already purchased will for some reason be excluded from these extra goodies should they be added? That makes absolutely no sense. If extras are added, they will be made available to everyone no matter when they bought I'm sure.

The Humble Bundle has in the past sometimes added extra games to a bundle after it's begun selling.

From my experience, when the new games are added they are automatically given to anyone who already bought the bundle regardless of if they paid over average, or not. For everyone else who haven't bought the bundle yet, they can usually get the extra games alongside the "Beat the average" tier.

That's what it's like for new added games anyways. I'd guess other sorts of extras work in similar ways.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 02:39 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Two more games were added to the Humble Origin Bundle:
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising [Origin and Steam]
  • Populous [Origin only]

These are also available for those who have already purchased the bundle, of course. Wink

08-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Find