Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Just bought Requiem (Minor spoilers)
ZIGS Offline

Threads: 8
Just bought Requiem (Minor spoilers)

Will play it later today. One thing I noticed though, is how the game's very poorly optimized. I played the first 2 episodes on my old monitor at 1024x768, now with my new 1680x1050 monitor and a geforce 9800GX2, I was appalled to see the framerate drop below 30 in the areas with more light sources.
It doesn't really impact the gameplay though, since this is a slow-paced game and it only happens on some occasions for brief periods of time but I still thought I should mention it
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM by LTS.)
08-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Find
toyota582 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Just bought Requiem

yeah I noticed that too. I played the first two at 1024x768 with max in game settings, 16x AF, and 2x AA and on my system with 8600gt 2 gigs ram and 5000 X2 framerate would dip in 30s quite often. I know the 8600gt is weak but I can get over 100fps in FEAR benchmark with those settings. lol. Yes the Penumbra games run way too slow for the graphics they have.
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Find
ZIGS Offline

Spoiler below!

Ok, first impressions after roughly one hour: TOO MANY PUZZLES! It's basically Portal: Penumbra Edition (hell, it even HAS portals that connect each level and you have to activate them before proceeding). It kinda lost the immersion of the first 2 titles because you're constantly fumbling with objects trying to figure out how to advance.
It's a shame really, the first episodes were great because they delivered great atmosphere and storyline with some refreshing puzzles now and then but when it's basically just puzzles it kinda loses it's appeal (at least to me). If you like puzzles however, you'll love Requiem

--edit
please if you bother to reply in the thread at least be a good sport and edit the original post other users have asked you to correct.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 12:18 PM by jens.)
08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Find
ZaRboN
Unregistered

I'm noting anyone here,PLEASE! don't write any spoilers, or at least use the special spoiler box. xd
08-27-2008, 12:06 PM
ZIGS Offline

Jesus Christ, you consider that spoilers? What next, "Hey dude, I was playing this game and you have to press buttons to proceed..." "OMG SHUT UP YOU JUST TOTALLY SPOILED THE GAME FOR ME!!!"

Seriously...
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

it is to a small degree, a spoiler. So please, use them.
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Find
Raipe Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Just bought Requiem (Minor spoilers)

Is there any infected staff or new monsters????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Find
ZIGS Offline

Raipe Wrote:Is there any infected staff or new monsters????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

As far as I played (about 2 hours), no. There was a corpse of a staff member right at the beginning but that's it. The game doesn't follow a storyline like the previous episodes, it just puts you into consecutive areas where you have to solve a puzzle to get to the next one. I am slightly disappointed with the game actually but for just 10€ it's worth it anyway. Plus, puzzle fans will have a blast, since the game is basically that, solving puzzles
08-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

ZIGS Wrote:
Raipe Wrote:Is there any infected staff or new monsters????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

As far as I played (about 2 hours), no. There was a corpse of a staff member right at the beginning but that's it. The game doesn't follow a storyline like the previous episodes, it just puts you into consecutive areas where you have to solve a puzzle to get to the next one. I am slightly disappointed with the game actually but for just 10€ it's worth it anyway. Plus, puzzle fans will have a blast, since the game is basically that, solving puzzles

Well there is one >. <
Spoiler below!
When you put the cassete in the player you kinda see the doctor-infected one from black plague "the saw one".But it's only a picture not gonna scare you much...
08-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

Spoiler below!

Yeah, there's no enemies, no living animations, only a corpse at the start.
sigh, i wish ther was at least something.

Not an image
09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Find