Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What would you rate AMFP out of 10?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1-2
6.99%
20 6.99%
3-4
10.14%
29 10.14%
5-6
22.38%
64 22.38%
7-8
33.57%
96 33.57%
9-10
26.92%
77 26.92%
Total 286 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
AMFP Member Review Thread
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2
RE: AMFP Member Review Thread

(09-13-2013, 04:06 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:55 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: It actually IS a lot shorter than TDD...like it literally is, there is not as much in game time as TDD. TDD takes about 7-9 hours to complete on average, and AMFP takes about 3-5 hours to complete... it's kind obvious that TDD is much longer.

You're not good at joking.Big Grin

(09-12-2013, 08:55 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: You must either be getting stuck on the puzzles a-lot, getting lost, or are sneaking through every single part of the game if you've been playing for 8 hours and have yet to beat it.

Puzzles are laughable easy at all. I just know how to play a game correctly by examining every single place and enjoy the atmosphere.
You must be blindly walked through the game - how can you ignore such awesome machines? I often take a break just to marvel the fantastic architecture of hundred of years old industrial machines.

A game like Amnesia is not made to run through like a thunderbolt.
This game wants to be enjoyed. As longer you have fun with it.

It's funny, because ahm not joking.

It takes, 3-5 hours, if you are going at normal pace, and not stopping to look at every little texture in the fucking game jesus christ. Just because it took YOU longer doesn't mean that it's supposed to take that long for everyone else, who you know, plays the game like a normal person.

And, ah barely ran at all in the game, so you can toss that theory of yours right out of the window.

Ah don't play a game to look at "the architecture" and roam around every corner of the room like a dunder head. Ah play a game to have a good time, and enjoy myself.

AMFP is MUCH shorter than TDD, period. There is no debating this. It is FACT. Not opinion.
09-14-2013, 05:48 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

seeing all the new members have their first interactions with googol should be entertaining

Posting Freak
09-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-14-2013, 07:04 AM)Kman Wrote: seeing all the new members have their first interactions with googol should be entertaining

LETS COMPILE THAT INTO A THREAD OR SPOILER

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Honestly? better game then ATDD

Sure the interactivity was brought down a bit (okay alot) but i never really picked up chairs and books other then to stack them up high and reach where i wasn't supposed to anyway -_-

The monsters - Their weren't many times where you were in danger. Well, this is true but that doesn't change the fact i always felt like i was in danger.

If i had to gripe about something? It would be that the game felt VERY slow going, and like i had no real purpose other then following two children into the dark depths of a machine. I felt no adventure hook! None at all!

Well, until the last few leveles of the game, they actually scared me 10x worse then ATDD ever did.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 11:20 AM by 7heDubz.)
09-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Find
Diango12 Offline

Quote:In order to claim that the player is immersed in a narrative, their actions must be somehow connected to the important happenings. The gameplay must not be of irrelevant, or even marginal, value to the story. - Thomas Grip

Pretty much sums it up for me. TCR tried really hard to do ambiguity, but I don't think that's their strong point. Shadow Of The Colossus is a perfect example of ambiguity in gaming. A:amfp comes off as trying to hard.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 11:56 AM by Diango12.)
09-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

It's funny how when the large amount of fans who did not like/enjoy the game or story, voice their opinions about it, we have a bunch of fan-boys who are going around going "That's because YOU DON'T GET THE STORY GOSH" or "it wAS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT SO THAT'S ITS EXCUSE FOR BEING A DUMBDED DOWN VERSION OF TDD GOSH!"

gotta love fanboys
09-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Find
SurvivalHorror Offline

Threads: 0

(09-14-2013, 05:48 AM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 04:06 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:55 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: It actually IS a lot shorter than TDD...like it literally is, there is not as much in game time as TDD. TDD takes about 7-9 hours to complete on average, and AMFP takes about 3-5 hours to complete... it's kind obvious that TDD is much longer.

You're not good at joking.Big Grin

(09-12-2013, 08:55 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: You must either be getting stuck on the puzzles a-lot, getting lost, or are sneaking through every single part of the game if you've been playing for 8 hours and have yet to beat it.

Puzzles are laughable easy at all. I just know how to play a game correctly by examining every single place and enjoy the atmosphere.
You must be blindly walked through the game - how can you ignore such awesome machines? I often take a break just to marvel the fantastic architecture of hundred of years old industrial machines.

A game like Amnesia is not made to run through like a thunderbolt.
This game wants to be enjoyed. As longer you have fun with it.

It's funny, because ahm not joking.

It takes, 3-5 hours, if you are going at normal pace, and not stopping to look at every little texture in the fucking game jesus christ. Just because it took YOU longer doesn't mean that it's supposed to take that long for everyone else, who you know, plays the game like a normal person.

And, ah barely ran at all in the game, so you can toss that theory of yours right out of the window.

Ah don't play a game to look at "the architecture" and roam around every corner of the room like a dunder head. Ah play a game to have a good time, and enjoy myself.

AMFP is MUCH shorter than TDD, period. There is no debating this. It is FACT. Not opinion.

I agree. A good game shouldn't be one where you have to struggle to find value, if any is present at all.
09-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(09-14-2013, 01:57 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: It's funny how when the large amount of fans who did not like/enjoy the game or story, voice their opinions about it, we have a bunch of fan-boys who are going around going "That's because YOU DON'T GET THE STORY GOSH" or "it wAS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT SO THAT'S ITS EXCUSE FOR BEING A DUMBDED DOWN VERSION OF TDD GOSH!"

gotta love fanboys

Gotta love people calling "fanboys" those who don't agree with them. It is clear that the fanbase of Amnesia is profoundly divided, I don't think the debate has to continue; both parties have to agree to disagree and move on...
09-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

Threads: 0

(09-14-2013, 02:12 PM)felixmole Wrote: It is clear that the fanbase of Amnesia is profoundly divided, I don't think the debate has to continue; both parties have to agree to disagree and move on...

That is correct, but I don't think people will stop the argument.

Now I'm curious. Has FG said anything about their super secret project? How will be the level of interaction in that game?
09-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

(09-14-2013, 07:19 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 07:04 AM)Kman Wrote: seeing all the new members have their first interactions with googol should be entertaining

LETS COMPILE THAT INTO A THREAD OR SPOILER

YES!

Also i'm at 4 hours, playing in the exact same way I play ALL my games, including TDD, and I just made it to the little elevator that gets rammed or something.

So, it's a bit eyebrow raising how a lot of people are getting to the end in 3-4 hours.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 04:09 PM by Cuyir.)
09-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Find