Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler Finished finally but a question remained
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8
Finished finally but a question remained

Spoiler below!
Who the hell is the guy we're talking to? On the phone? The one who says we created him? Are we so insane that we are talking to a machine and we believe it speaks back?
09-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Finished finally but a question remained

I think it's the man in the incubator at the end of the level, right before you start your Temple climb.

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Find
Sarcelle Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
I'm pretty certain that it's you. Mandus is crazy. He mentions that when he returned from Mexico he split into two. One of them built the machine, and the other lay dormant, which you play as. In the beginning Mandus is trying to hold onto his sanity and thus imagines that he's talking on the phone. Which sorta explains why they always ring just as you go by. But by the end he drops the pretense. It's a conversation happening within his own head. I think.
09-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Find
Geoff Offline

Alright, with that said...another question that made no sense.

The compound room. Where after you put the capsule in the thing and it shoots off to the main room, when you go to leave it all has changed. You go down a new door. Did he hallucinate going down the original path or something? DAMN CRAZY MANDUS
09-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-11-2013, 09:04 PM)Geoff Wrote: Alright, with that said...another question that made no sense.

The compound room. Where after you put the capsule in the thing and it shoots off to the main room, when you go to leave it all has changed. You go down a new door. Did he hallucinate going down the original path or something? DAMN CRAZY MANDUS

Yes, there are a lot of times were the halls and doors moves/disappears. Also, the person you're speaking to is yourself if I understood correctly.
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

Why are there hidden passageways with one-way glass to watch people bath and go to the toilet & what are all the strange locks on all the doors & drawers/closets.
09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-11-2013, 10:17 PM)cantremember Wrote: Why are there hidden passageways with one-way glass to watch people bath and go to the toilet & what are all the strange locks on all the doors & drawers/closets.

Mandus loves spying on people. He's been doing it ever since he first married his wife.

Spoiler below!
What a dick.
09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Well you're either imagining talking to yourself or not... because clearly a phone was ringing and there was a voice on the other end. You weren't actually talking on both ends.

I assumed it was the machine itself, especially near the end. But I don't think it's terribly obvious.

(09-11-2013, 09:04 PM)Geoff Wrote: Alright, with that said...another question that made no sense.

That area was kinda laid out in a weird way. You come out a different door than you walk in, I think it's just a different way out that was locked from the other end.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:58 PM by bluel0bster.)
09-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Find
Geoff Offline

^ No, there was clearly no door there when you first arrived, and when you leave, the hallway you came from is clearly now just a WALL.
09-12-2013, 02:29 AM
Find