Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should I make this a Full Conversion Mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
64.29%
9 64.29%
No, keep it as a Custom Story
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Work in progress PLEASE DELETE THIS (CANCELLED)
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5
PLEASE DELETE THIS (CANCELLED)

This custom story has been canceled

So relatively major update! I have had so many ideas flowing in about my custom story and so much potential! But I am realizing that the length that i plan for this custom story is just far too long for one story. So i have decided to make this into a three part series each rounding out at about 1-2 hours long. More details will come on the series eventually.

Features:
- Immersive serious gameplay with just the right amount of everything
- High quality maps
- A unique story
- No annoying jump scares!
- Three part story with 1-2 hours of gameplay each.
More information will become available as I develop the custom story.

Background Story:
It is the year 1894. A millionaire and genius engineer named Renald Cansastin has recently gone missing. A small town named Greyshire in the English country side has been plagued with a wave of disappearances men, women, children, alike have been going missing. The locals believe that the disappearances are connected to the disappearance of Renald Cansastin and his recently abandoned mansion, Cansastin Manor. Henry Brenolds a well known investigator has been called in to investigate Cansastin Manor in order to get to the bottom of the disappearance of Renald Cansastin and the countless other disappearances.

This is still in very early development and is subject to change. I will post pictures as i make progress on the custom story.

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 11:25 PM by Tychaos.)
09-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: WIP Amnesia: (Name Needed)

(1) Need to work on your lighting, if you have spotlights. Make sure their "shadows" are turned on.

(2a) Use pointlights to help light up dark areas (Picture 1 & Picture 3) like in that corner. Make sure they have a very low color, so if the spotlight for example is set to "1", "0.946", "0.793" to give a warm sunny value. Make the pointlight only 10-20% of that value, and make it large and put it in the corner. (Make sure if you have adjacent rooms that the lights don't "bleed" through the walls into the next room.)

(2b) In your 4th picture, their should be large pointlights near each candle to show some reflecting light. Since it's a very dark corridor, give it a very low intensity of something around "0.103", "0.049", "0.018".

(2c) Just a reminder but make sure all PointLights and SpotLight's Alphas are set to "0". Unless their is a reason that it needs to be on (To show specular highlights) keep them set to 0 to help with FPs.

(3) Make your ceiling and floor textures larger. Change their "Tile amount" to like 0.5, 0.5, 0.5 for example and adjust it from their.
09-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

Maybe name it...
Recollection?
Maybe... Condemned?
How does that sound?

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 09:38 PM by TheWalshinator.)
09-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
Tychaos Offline

(09-14-2013, 07:44 PM)Rapture Wrote: (1) Need to work on your lighting, if you have spotlights. Make sure their "shadows" are turned on.

(2a) Use pointlights to help light up dark areas (Picture 1 & Picture 3) like in that corner. Make sure they have a very low color, so if the spotlight for example is set to "1", "0.946", "0.793" to give a warm sunny value. Make the pointlight only 10-20% of that value, and make it large and put it in the corner. (Make sure if you have adjacent rooms that the lights don't "bleed" through the walls into the next room.)

(2b) In your 4th picture, their should be large pointlights near each candle to show some reflecting light. Since it's a very dark corridor, give it a very low intensity of something around "0.103", "0.049", "0.018".

(2c) Just a reminder but make sure all PointLights and SpotLight's Alphas are set to "0". Unless their is a reason that it needs to be on (To show specular highlights) keep them set to 0 to help with FPs.

(3) Make your ceiling and floor textures larger. Change their "Tile amount" to like 0.5, 0.5, 0.5 for example and adjust it from their.

Thanks for the suggestions, its a bit hard balancing the lighting to make it scary but not pitch black.

(09-14-2013, 09:37 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: Maybe name it...
Recollection?
Maybe... Condemned?
How does that sound?
Maybe, I feel like there could be something better but they are alright.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 10:07 PM by Tychaos.)
09-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Find
Tychaos Offline

RE: WIP Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness

Updated the post with a name, more pictures to come soon of new areas i have been working on. I expect it to take at least another 2-3 weeks before I will probably get some people to test out the story in order to make changes.
If you have any questions about it just ask.

09-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness

Let me throw a wild dart into space, is the name based off the new Star Trek?
09-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Find
Tychaos Offline

(09-16-2013, 11:25 PM)Rapture Wrote: Let me throw a wild dart into space, is the name based off the new Star Trek?

No it is not lol, it was just a name i thought sounds good, I had no clue there was a new star trek movie called that.

09-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Find
Tychaos Offline

I have decided that my planning for the levels where not the greatest, i have not given up on this by a long shot but i have decided to remake all the levels and at the moment i am considering to wait for aamfp assets to be updated into the editor before i make my custom story, so expect a longer wait.

09-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Glad to hear that you're working on quality! Personally, I'd choose waiting longer for a high-quality CS over a short wait and a sub-par CS :)

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
09-19-2013, 04:57 AM
Find
Tychaos Offline

Removed the current pictures as those locations will no longer be present in the custom story. New pictures will be posted in the future.

I have also posted a poll to see if people think i should make a full conversion in order to have a custom menu etc. I do not know what to pick and what to see want others think.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 09:02 PM by Tychaos.)
09-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Find