Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share.
ThanatosPLz Offline

Threads: 1
RE: My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share.

(09-17-2013, 02:07 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 06:05 PM)ThanatosPLz Wrote: No one want to take me serious just because i used word "gay" in post. I never thought Frictional games community is so rigid Huh
Man, where did I wrote that I expected to have the same encounters like in the trailer ? Where ? Did you read my previous post ? I wrote: " I understand in 100% fact that they dont want us to know what is going to happen and they are modifying locations for trailers" In my opinion AMFP is simply worse than previous title in every aspect. Story isnt better (its not bad but very predictable and not especially original), game doesn't have puzzles and there are only 2 ENCOUNTERS WITH MONSTERS. I understand that for you the game is better and thats ok, I also think that it isnt as bad at all but still not as fun as previous title.
By this topic i wanted only to share my thoughts with other and see is there anyone else who can agree.

PS: I understand that game can be focused on story telling, but story in AMFP isn special at all. And how does the story telling look like ? You are finding notes about what happened earlier and you are getting flashbacks/phones as you progress through game, totally nothing new, it was allready in TDD.

The game is intended for mature audiences and you give such a puerile review, how can such a review be taken seriously?

"WHERE IS THE CAGE SECTION FROM THE TRAILER ???" This is what I was referring to, it just seems like a pointless thing to concern yourself over. In what way was the game unoriginal? it's not worse than TDD, it's a different game and I don't think it has anything to do with being better or worse, you either like it or you don't but just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's a bad game. Again, it seems you miss the point and endlessly compare TDD to AMFP and they're both different games with different ideas. Only two monster encounters, well why does that matter? The game is not about running from monsters, simple puzzles? The game isn't about solving puzzles to the most part.

I don't think the game is better than TDD, it's different and I like change, why would I want the exact same game as TDD?

I'm interested to know what aspects of the story weren't special to you? Was it unoriginal because you found notes in the previous game? Was it because you had phone calls? Personally I don't think it matters how the story is delivered, as long as I can lose myself in it and enjoy it.

If you don't like the game that's fine, like I said: it doesn't mean it's a bad game if you don't like it.

Its the best excuse-the game is diffrent.
If you like new Amnesia than ok. But in my opinion and many others (I read many reviews and people are simply dissaponinted) AMFP is worse. Why ? Because it doesnt deliver nothing new (story is poor), there is nothing in AMFP that I didnt saw in TDD. The Chinese Room not only remove many of things that make TDD great, but also didn't compensante those losses. AMFP is like Amnesia game for mobile phones if you know what I mean. Its no bad at all, but definitely not as "fun" as previous game.
09-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Find