Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Level Ed/Modelling] Incorrect size of object showed?
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
[Level Ed/Modelling] Incorrect size of object showed?

So I am VERY new to modelling for Amnesia, and I have managed to get my first model into the game very well. The only problem is that when I am going to add it to my level, the editor shows a small size and wrong direction than when I actually place it:

Before placed:
http://i.imgur.com/81JZDSr.jpg

And after:
http://i.imgur.com/WS8XcJy.jpg

Have I missed some crucial part?

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
09-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: [Level Ed/Modelling] Incorrect size of object showed?

Sounds more like a bug, did you edit the size in any way in the ModelEditor? I remember that if I exported a object, and went back to fix it and re-exported it (Only the .dae, I left everything else in). That bug would appear, I normally have to resort to deleting everything and then exporting.

(Just to make sure you did this)In your 3D modeling software, you have to set it's Location, Rotation and Scale.

If your using Blender, select the object in "Object Mode" and click "Ctrl" + "A". A menu will pop up, click "Location" and repeat this for "Rotation" and "Scale". Now export it again.
Maya or 3DS will have a similiar method of doing this.
09-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

I never opened it in ModelEditor since it is a Static Object. I noticed FG did not make any .ent files for stat obj's.
I use Maya 2013, and I don't think I touched the location at all. I imported a DAE from the pre-made carpets for testing.

This is how it looks in Maya:
http://i.imgur.com/0goLvPG.jpg

Edit: May I also ask if anybody know why the ModelView scales my model down sometimes when I create the msh and mat files (by opening the model in ModelView)?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 04:24 PM by Linus Ågren.)
09-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Those that use Maya claim that versions beyond 2011 are not suitable for creating things for the HPL2 engine. I don't use versions beyond 2011, so i can't verify that, but everyone that has have had issues.

Regardless, make sure your measurements in Maya are meters. Also, make sure that whenever you import the mesh into the HPL2 engine that you restart the HPL2 applications and delete any MSH files left over from previous mesh imports. This is to make sure all cached data is cleared so that it won't corrupt any new imports of the same mesh.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-16-2013, 04:28 AM
Website Find
Linus Ågren Offline

(09-16-2013, 04:28 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Those that use Maya claim that versions beyond 2011 are not suitable for creating things for the HPL2 engine. I don't use versions beyond 2011, so i can't verify that, but everyone that has have had issues.

Regardless, make sure your measurements in Maya are meters. Also, make sure that whenever you import the mesh into the HPL2 engine that you restart the HPL2 applications and delete any MSH files left over from previous mesh imports. This is to make sure all cached data is cleared so that it won't corrupt any new imports of the same mesh.

So using 2011 should work fine then? Kind of an odd behavior.
I will give it another shot at 2011 version then and see if it works properly, thanks.

09-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Website Find