Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window Level door?
Pandachoko Offline

Threads: 14
Window Level door?

HI, My Custom Story Called: Shelter is soon done, but in order to I can finish the custom story, I need to know if there is a window that is like a level door, what I mean is: if you press on the window, it will do a loading a screen. If not, can you suggest me to do instead? If would really help me!

Curious about my Custom Story I will throw a youtube link it is a commercial to all those is interested.

But please help me Smile

Commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1vOmvJtz4
09-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Find
saito100 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Window Level door?

Well, I believe correct me if i'm wrong you can do this. In the level editor put a interact area over the window and call it whatever you want. Now, i'm not currently home so I don't know for sure if the will work but I believe this is what you would have to do.

////////////////////////////
// Run when entering map
void OnStart()
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("area_name", "WindowDoor", true);
}

void WindowDoor(string &in asEntity)

{
ChangeMap(MapName, StartPos, StartSound, EndSound);
}

That should work... you can just add whatever other effects you want to that too. But that should be all you need to do to make what you want work. Tell me how it works out too! And btw, I believe what you would put for the "StartPos" would be just blank if you haven't named the spawn area in the next level the window would be taking you too. But if not, just enter the name of the desired spawn area and everything should just be fine. Hope this helps!

Just saw the comment below lol. Think I read you post wrong. Tongue Because with mine I think it would just teleport you into the next map with no loading screen.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 09:46 PM by saito100.)
09-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Window Level door?

If you want custom pictures and text for your loading screens, put this under OnLeave:
SetupLoadScreen(string&asCategory, string&asEntryName, int alRandomNum, string&asImageFile);
string&asCategory = lang category used for loading text
string&asEntryName = entry to use for text
int alRandomNum = if greater than 1, it will randomize between 1 and alRandom for each loading screen given the suffix XX (eg 01_picture1, 01_picture2, 01_picture3). If it's set to 0, a specific screen will be used
string&asImageFile = the picture to be used as a loading screen, dimensions of 540px (length) by 300px (height) at 400dpi work nicely.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
09-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Find