Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

Instead of copying a few pig files into the editor, i will just wait for the patch.
Will it automatically be updated in steam or so? Or do we have to download and install it by our own?

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
10-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I think you will have to do so manually, as the HPL2 suite was never a steam thing in the first place
10-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(10-09-2013, 10:09 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Instead of copying a few pig files into the editor, i will just wait for the patch.
Will it automatically be updated in steam or so? Or do we have to download and install it by our own?

I'm not sure about the details of how the update will be distributed, but in any case you will still have to copy the assets. The update will not contain any AMFP files.

(10-09-2013, 04:06 PM)Darth FlawlessHair Wrote: Patrik! I have something bugging me.
Whenever i select an object and want to make it into another object in the editor, it doesn't remember what mesh it was from the beginning, so I have to go through all the folders everytime... It's very annoying Smile
Is it possible to fix?

I'll look into it!
10-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(10-10-2013, 10:25 AM)Patrik Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 04:06 PM)Darth FlawlessHair Wrote: Patrik! I have something bugging me.
Whenever i select an object and want to make it into another object in the editor, it doesn't remember what mesh it was from the beginning, so I have to go through all the folders everytime... It's very annoying Smile
Is it possible to fix?

I'll look into it!

i've had that problem before, i put the assets into an folder and then the mesh appeared. simple fix.

The International Narcotics Traffic
10-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(10-10-2013, 02:56 PM)gREY Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 10:25 AM)Patrik Wrote:
Is it possible to fix?

I'll look into it!

i've had that problem before, i put the assets into an folder and then the mesh appeared. simple fix.

It's not just the assets. It's every single file. They're all in folders.
If you change it into another object with the [...] button, the mesh-name will stay there until you click another object and returns to the first object. Then it's gone Smile

EDIT: Ok no, it only happens to static objects i guess. At least my entity files keep the same.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 04:14 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Find
Hellday Offline

Threads: 2

Is it possible to get works the "Child" entity like in AMPF ? When I open it in the Model Editor it says "Model has invalid type : Enemy_Child". I tried to change it by a grunt or manpig type but the animations of the child were bugged (he was sliding on the floor, not walking). Also I took a look in the script lines of AMPF and I saw that they are some functions used to operate the child : SetEnemyMoveType and SetManPigType.

These functions will be implemented in the final update or there is another method to fix them and get the child entity working like in AMPF ?
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 05:16 PM by Hellday.)
10-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(10-10-2013, 05:15 PM)Hellday Wrote: Is it possible to get works the "Child" entity like in AMPF ? When I open it in the Model Editor it says "Model has invalid type : Enemy_Child". I tried to change it by a grunt or manpig type but the animations of the child were bugged (he was sliding on the floor, not walking). Also I took a look in the script lines of AMPF and I saw that they are some functions used to operate the child : SetEnemyMoveType and SetManPigType.

These functions will be implemented in the final update or there is another method to fix them and get the child entity working like in AMPF ?

Should be possible to get them to act pretty much the same yeah, though you'll have to make sure to set up the animations and whatnot according to the last part of the first post of this thread (and turn off their senses so they don't attack you). If that doesn't work, let me know.

Those functions will not be implemented, no. The reason for that? They have absolutely no effect. Tongue
10-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(10-11-2013, 07:37 AM)Patrik Wrote: Those functions will not be implemented, no. The reason for that? They have absolutely no effect. Tongue
lol.
10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

i was finally able (After i got how to do it) to place an engineer in my custom story(Dragged the folders to ATTD/Enemy). But when i went ingame, i didnt see or hear anything...

Also, entering a custom story with lantern_mandus in it, will just crash my game.
Hm, i would be glad if anyone could help me :/

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 06:53 PM by LordOfDragons.)
10-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

Whenever I use the updated 130930leveleditor.exe, my skybox (which worked with previous versions of the leveleditor) appears to be deactivating everytime I load the map. I then manually try to active it, which works... but the next time I test the map or load the map in the 130930leveleditor.exe, the skybox disappears again.

What appears to be the problem?

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
10-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Find