Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner asking for some help.
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Beginner asking for some help.

1st screenshot:
Don't you think it's just a little bit too dark? I mean there's windows placed literally on any wall. The room would be lighter. And there's even torches too Smile
Can't see much more because of the Mysterious Picture Upload Darkness...

2nd screenshot:
The room is too big.
Much of the space isn't used and it's just blank walls.
Start out by having a small room, and then expand it, when you need to.

Starting with a huge room can be too much. Only make it large, if you have something to fill it with, and at this point you don't seem to Wink
Also remember that a room doesn't have to be a square.

About the lighting, what would people in this room do when it became night? You need at least a chandelier.

Also those candles in the corner... what are they doing there? They seem to just stand there like they're not friends with the other furnitures. Let them socialize a bit. Place them where they have a purpose... Placing light in a corner isn't a purpose...

Trying is the first step to success.
09-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Thank you for answering ! You made me realize something very important about the size of the rooms. I'm changing a lot of things in the levels I built already, and it already looks better

About the first picture, I have to say that the level is a bit strange, i nearly want to send it to you so you can have a better idea of what it really looks like x)... It's completely flooded, and I didn't want to show the player too much of where he is. I'll probably add a bit more lighting though, especially around the torches.
Thanks again, If anyone else have something to add I'd be pleased to learn more !

09-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Moved to Development Support (Freakin about time too XD)

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Hey !
Back after a few days of inactivity for a small question : how can I make the player fall to the ground, then get up ?
I'd find this pretty useful and I couldn't find the right Script Function. If it's simple I'm sorry for wasting your time xD

Edit : Huehue, problem solved thanks to a hairy member !

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 08:43 PM by daortir.)
10-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Hello !
Here I am, with a question about custom items. I'd like to know how make a custom item show up in my inventory, and becoming usable. I'm not talking about the ingame model. As an exemple I click on a mushroom which has the ingame model of a sewer fungi, and the player gets an item which would be a mushroom part in his inventory. My question is about the inventory item.

10-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(10-19-2013, 01:07 PM)daortir Wrote: Hello !
Here I am, with a question about custom items. I'd like to know how make a custom item show up in my inventory, and becoming usable. I'm not talking about the ingame model. As an exemple I click on a mushroom which has the ingame model of a sewer fungi, and the player gets an item which would be a mushroom part in his inventory. My question is about the inventory item.

Copy pasta tiem!!

Quote:
void GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, string& asSubTypeName, string& asImageName, float afAmount);

Adds an item to the inventory of the player. Note that the item does not have to exist as entity in the world to be able to do this.

asName - internal name
asType - item to give
asSubTypeName - item name for .lang file
asImageName - For exemple: void GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, “chemical_container_full”, “chemical_container_full.tga” , float afAmount); The image is from graphics\Item\chemical_container_full.tga : is the image which will appear in Inventory - http://www.img155.imageshack.us/img155/6...806785.jpg

afAmount - amount to give

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 01:12 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Find
daortir Offline

First of all thanks for the super fast answer <3.

Will I have to convert a picture to a .tga ?
And when I see custom items in CS, when the player uses them there is very often a black square around them. Will I be able to avoid that ?

10-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Yes, you will have to convert it to a .tga. Generally the dimensions seem to be 60x60

It's been a fair while since I did an inventory icon, so I'm not sure if I had left the "blank" parts black, or removed them into transparent pixels like in .png. Give both a try!

Image by BandyGrass
10-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Hey everyone !
I'm now concerned about adding my own musics to the CS. I would like to know how it works, in a general way : o. I mean, do I have to use a playmusic function for each track ? Can I just set a music folder somewhere ? I'm quite clueless, and I didn't find a clear answer ><...

So... yeah, how can I change the musics of my CS so that they are mostly custom ?

Thanks in advance
QuestionMan.

10-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

It's easy:

-Get a track or sound to use
-Convert it to .ogg
-Put it in /custom_stories/YOURCS/music/ AND in /redist/music/YOURCS
-Then, use this:

PlayMusic("NAMEOFYOURTRACK.ogg", true, 1, 1, 1, true);

Remain to name your track like something unique, like "Yourcsname_hall", or it will conflict with other files.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Find