Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help to choose name for my novel.
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Help to choose name for my novel.

damn that was mean

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2014, 04:11 AM by Froge.)
10-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: Help to choose name for my novel.

(10-28-2013, 09:41 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: This novel sounds like juvenile fiction.

I don't mean to sound demeaning, because there is good juvenile fiction out there, but from the titles you've considered and also the plot of your novel, you sound very much like those young and ambitious authors who think they have good ideas but don't actually put any work into writing the story. I'd know since that was pretty much me a couple of years ago.

Writing a novel is effort, more than anything. Yes, you do need some amount of planning in order to make your story and its characters coherent. But work is what counts, and from what I've seen, writers who spend too much time advertising their novel by saying stuff like "oh here's what I have for the story, what do you think?" or "i want you to help me with choosing a b c" are worth nothing. I've experienced the trap a dozen times myself. Nothing.

Sit down and write the novel, then come back once you have something we can judge.
This may seem like it's build like this way, but i planned the whole characters and their personal story before even thinking about the
whole universe.The description that i wrote may be in a little bit too comprehensive scale to explain what is going on.

EDIT: Just checking what you think. I don't want this to be something
too similiar to others. Something more unique.

(10-28-2013, 09:34 PM)Dagrocks Wrote:
(10-28-2013, 01:03 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: Yep, it will, lately i've thought a name of "Corridor Of Chronos".
It's something mysterious and it has a certain role in a novel.
But it can change thuogh, it sounds cool atleast imo.Cool

The story is about world's end and afterlife in the planet called: Sedyn.
When humans arrived to this planet in (2037 AE), they noticed that they
aren't alone, and something more smarter and greater had already
populated this planet.
The race seemed friendly at firts, they gave mankind room to live,
traded their own inventions with them and told about their our
culture. But 12 years later (2037 AE), for some reason evertything turned upside down, the race started a war againt humanity in order to wipe away the whole mankind, and now humans must fight for their own existence.

If you want to capture an audience, then give them real reason to hate those zip zap bopity boop aliens. Perhaps explanation as to why the war is even happening.

Don't worry, there's a reason for everything.
And also in addition, i don't like to make this as only a war novel.
It's something more than just that. The war is only a small sector of
the plot.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 02:35 PM by Red.)
10-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Find