Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who is frictional...
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17
Who is frictional...

Hello
I been seeing a lot of names on the forums that seem to work for frictional and it is very confusing.
Just wondering, how many people is frictional comprised of in all sections? And who are they?

thanks
-dm

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Who is frictional...

Hmm... I'm not sure but This comes first into my mind. (However, it's only a forum team...)

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2008, 07:27 AM by Ano.)
09-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

we are me, thomas, luis and Polygonspammer.

then we have 1 author, 1 musician and a graphics company as contractors.

and urkel here on the forum is the fellow doing the linux/mac ports.

and that's it, i think..
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Website Find
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17

awesome thanks

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
09-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Find
Tindervit Offline

Threads: 0

Just a few quick ones for Frictional :] Considering you're such a small studio do you have like a FG office or do you gather somewhere to brainstorm and maybe produce a model or two and maybe rattle down a function? Or do you mostly work independently from home? Don't know if you're able to answer that one but it would be interesting to know :] Oh, and are you lads self learned or do you have some sort of game developing education?
I'm just blown away what you guys have been able to create, accounting the small team and the nearly non-existent budget. I wish that maybe sometime on the future I will be able to work like you, on a small team creating marvelous games which just shine with character. I'm really fascinated by working in a small team, it feels so much more personal that way - and what you've done prove my point more than well!
I also admire you guys for going your own way and really make a game that stands out in a strongly positive way. The penumbra series really kept me on my toes - It's been so long since I've been able to enjoy a game until penumbra reveled itself in front of me - and just stared at me and diclosed "Psst, mister - play me." and I embraced it. Well Penumbra hasn't the most brilliant graphics out there nor the best sound design or manuscript, but if you look at is a whole there are few games who can beat it.

Well what else is there to say, Penumbra will always have a special place on my hard drive xD

After all this turned out not to be just a few quick ones but anyhow, hope you were able to bear with my rant ;]

[En dröm så Färgstark en verklighet så Grå]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2008, 10:44 PM by Przemulala.)
10-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

We do not have any office and work from our homes, so we do not meet all that often. As for education all in the team av either game or computer related education, although a lot of the knowledge needed comes from self taught stuff.
10-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Find
Tindervit Offline

Threads: 0

Neat, thanks for the fast reply :] A additional question; is the core team working full time with FG?

[En dröm så Färgstark en verklighet så Grå]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM by Przemulala.)
10-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Yes. Sure are.
10-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Find