Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need Help For This
TheGogosOne Offline

Threads: 1
I Need Help For This

Well guys as you can see i'm making my own custom story now and i need some help to finish it so if you have answers please tell me but please don't tell me to go on youtube to search for an tutorial kk?Well my Questions are

1.How can you start your player without moving,just hear noices(any kind like speaking)
2.How can you make your player go to another map without a loading door,like the prologue of Obscurity.
3.how can you make a monster moving but cannot see you just walking left and right or whatever and your camera follows them(looking where they are going).

Well these are my questions for now and i'll post a new thread for more
Thanks for your time and BTW my custom story will be named Revolution Vs. Revenge.
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: I Need Help For This

(11-08-2013, 04:16 PM)TheGogosOne Wrote: Well guys as you can see i'm making my own custom story now and i need some help to finish it so if you have answers please tell me but please don't tell me to go on youtube to search for an tutorial kk?Well my Questions are

1.How can you start your player without moving,just hear noices(any kind like speaking)
2.How can you make your player go to another map without a loading door,like the prologue of Obscurity.
3.how can you make a monster moving but cannot see you just walking left and right or whatever and your camera follows them(looking where they are going).

Well these are my questions for now and i'll post a new thread for more
Thanks for your time and BTW my custom story will be named Revolution Vs. Revenge.
1.Wel you realy need to look at the wikki, Look for stop player movement and screen effects for a black screen and then you can add the music.

2.void ChangeMap is what you need for the map change.

3. more details please.

[Image: moty-125.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 05:09 PM by thomthom44.)
11-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Website Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

3. I believe there is a function to disable monster trigger : SetEnemyDisableTriggers(string& asName, bool abX);

That should make the monster ignore the player.

To make the camera look at the monster, there is a simple function that makes the player look at an entity :

StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);

And to make the monster move, it's about adding patrol nodes to the monster's paths, you'll find tutorials on that in the wiki.

Good luck with your CS

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 06:41 PM by daortir.)
11-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
IN NEWCOMERS LANGUAGE:
StartPlayerLookAt("WHERETOLOOKAT", 0.5f, 0.5f, "never used this so leave empty");
0.5f = the speed the player looks at the entitie. Just play around what you prefer.
to look QUICK put 10.0f , 10.0f for example.
11-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Find