Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration Files Help FC mod config and model replacement problems
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32
FC mod config and model replacement problems

I am creating a mod for a while now, it uses modern elements, you can play the original game or any custom stories with this mod and you will have flashlight and every stuff like that in it, without overwriting any original files. My problem is that i copied a base_english.lang to the correct place in my mod's folder, i changed some lines which i had to, still it is not working. It still uses the lang file in the original folder, i also added the mymod/config thing into the resources.cfg. when i overwrite the file in the redist/config, my lang file is working, but in my mod's folder not. what could be the problem? also i'm getting errors when i try to overwrite the lantern entity with my flashlight entity. it is working, the flashlight model shows but when i pick it up the game crashes with an error :/ what i want to do exactly that if you launch amnesia you got the lantern entity and model in the game, but if you launch my mod, you have flashlight model and entity even in the original maps. if someone knows a solution for these, please help! i will give a more detailed explanation if necessary. i'll add you to the credits for helping Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 09:06 PM by KiraImmortal.)
11-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33
RE: FC mod config and model replacement problems

for the first problem try simply removing the /config/ directory from your custom resource.cfg file and just let there be the /yourmod/config/ directory. If you've correctly made a FC everything should work just fine that way.

For you second problem it is probably a problem with the hand object you did for you entity. Either try redoing it or tell me what exactly your doing. In the worst case you could just send me your custom lantern and i'll try to fix it for you.

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
11-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

okay, i'll upload the mod's folder in a short time with the mentioned entities, if you can make the the 'lantern' entity use the 'flashlight' entitiy's model, i would be grateful.

for the config.. i have a mod called 'riukka' made by Amn which was done in the same way as my mod, it has these lines in the main_init.cfg

DefaultBaseLanguage = "base_english.lang"
DefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang"
/>

<Directories
MainSaveFolder = "Main"

BaseLanguageFolder = "riukka/config/"
GameLanguageFolder = "riukka/config/lang_main/"

CustomStoryPath = "custom_stories"
/>

mine looks like this:

DefaultBaseLanguage = "base_english.lang"
DefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang"
/>

<Directories
MainSaveFolder = "Main"

BaseLanguageFolder = "time_distortion/config/"
GameLanguageFolder = "time_distortion/config/lang_main/"

CustomStoryPath = "custom_stories"
/>

When i launch the game with these settings, it crashes.. what could be the problem?

okay, here is my mod's folder. i've made much much more stuff, but i deleted those files that weren't necessary. there is the lang file and everything in the config and there are lantern and flashlight entities. i've also included the oil entity to see what i want to do exactly with the lantern. launch the mod, start a new game and you will see that there are batteries instead of oil potions in the game. the lantern is also there, if you can fix it you will have a flashlight on the table instead of the lantern. very big thanks for your help, please check it if you have time!

here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?s0ozbk647p226dl
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 10:45 PM by KiraImmortal.)
11-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

alright, to fix the lantern/flashlight entity issue all you have to do is to rename your flashlight entity folders to "/time_distortion/entities/item/lantern/" and rename the item_flashlight.ent file to lantern.ent. And make also sure that your entities have a higher priority than the one in the main game, that means you should preferably rename all your custom entities and folders inside your entities folder (/time_distortion/entities/...) like they are in the main game and then you can safely put your directories inside your resources.cfg file without anything messing up (make sure that your custom entries are at the top of the file).

With your language file problem there's a pretty easy fix for that. Browse for your main_init.cfg file (/time_distortion/config/main_init.cfg) and scroll down to the <Directories> entry. Then search for BaseLanguageFolder and change it to this: BaseLanguageFolder = "time_distortion/config/". Hit Save (Ctrl + S) and you'r done!

Hope that helped you out. Just get back to me if the above text confused you in some way and/or you have no idea what all that means (or just some parts Tongue).

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 09:29 PM by RaideX.)
11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

lol.. the easiest ways that i haven't tried.. Big Grin by the way thank you man! one step closer to finish my mod Smile
11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

you're welcome Big Grin

11-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Find