Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Requiem: Please dont light the Furnace
sonci Offline

Threads: 1
Requiem: Please dont light the Furnace

Im reading the posts here and I'm just wondering if,
Spoiler below!
Does anybody tried to leave the furnace room, without pressing the button, at the end of Requiem. Well I tried, and I finished in the boat room, as in the begining of the game.
So, this way you dont ""put an end to the story"", you leave by the boat or you turn back to the mine??
Is Red and Philip the same person?
However great game, I dont agree with people complaining about Requiem(Its a bit like a clone of TRaider)
Thanks
09-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Find
Chvyvamere Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Requiem: Please dont light the Furnace

sonci Wrote:Im reading the posts here and I'm just wondering if,
Spoiler below!
Does anybody tried to leave the furnace room, without pressing the button, at the end of Requiem. Well I tried, and I finished in the boat room, as in the begining of the game.
So, this way you dont ""put an end to the story"", you leave by the boat or you turn back to the mine??
However great game, I dont agree with people complaining about Requiem(Its a bit like a clone of TRaider)
Thanks

Wow! How? Can you explain?

Requiem is great, I think.
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3

sonci Wrote:Im reading the posts here and I'm just wondering if,
Spoiler below!
Thanks

You're better to prove it, because i don't think that's trueWink
10-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

i cant wait to play this. of course, i dont own it, and i am going around seeing what happens in the game. its okay. it's still fun and suspenseful.
10-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Find
sonci Offline

ROT51 Wrote:[quote=sonci]
Im reading the posts here and I'm just wondering if,
Spoiler below!
Thanks
Im not kidding, Requiem has a
Spoiler below!
double end, the first time i didnt pressed the enter button on the furnace, why I should??, I just left by the door behind, so you finish in the boat, second time I decided to burn me and Red by pressing the button, this gives meaning to the last esse of the game ¨to put an end to the story, by burning down, if this is end. Try by your self, everybody should have a save game of level 9 in Requiem, if you have finished the game, youè just have to continue to the last save.
Even the first time in Overture I regreted to press the button by maybe in that case I have to do it.
10-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Find
sonci Offline

By the way, I didnt collect all the statues and didnt get any code.
Can somebody transcript the first conversation, between Philip and Red, and the reason because he was called Reed. I still suspect that the author have made some kind of joke..
10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Opening the level in maya, the door is referenced (so it can open, unless the script locks it) which would place you back behind the portal.

So, this may be true. But I am however not able to find the boat =/

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3

I just tried again. I loaded savegame, but the door wont budge... did you mod the game, or did something cheat in the game filesWink
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Yeah, I tryed looking everywhere for a way out. I knew that the game would end if I pressed the button.
10-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Find
sonci Offline

I dont understand, i didnt make any cheat. It cannot be an error of the game, it seems more smth planned by the author. You get out of the door, then you have the old dream vision of the boat room, the one you get all over the game, then boom the end. Just dont press the enter button. Im thinking that this is the the true end of game.. You know when you see that button so
large, shining,. You just wont push...
10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Find