Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

WWII in Germany...
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: WWII in Germany...

If I ever go to Germany, I'll make sure not to take my Thor Steinar key chain with me.

11-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

(11-13-2013, 02:39 PM)Romulator Wrote: Could someone explain to me what the laws surrounding the mentioning of WWII are in Germany?
You can mention or explain about it whatever you want.
It is just not allowed to show nazi symbols such as the swastika in public (aside from educational reasons, like in museums), violations against this can lead to censorship or fines (e.g. if you put up a nazi flag in front of your house).

(11-13-2013, 02:48 PM)Romulator Wrote:
(11-13-2013, 02:46 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: It's a somewhat totalitarian state of Germany when Adolf Hitler was Chancellor of Germany. That means that the government has authority on all things, including your personal life and seeks to find it.

Hiding Jews or helping Jews escape from Germany is NOT allowed. You'll probably be tortured and whipped.

This happens in present day?
No, he's obviously trolling. Wink

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 08:42 PM by Gharren.)
11-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Website Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(11-13-2013, 08:40 PM)Gharren Wrote: No, he's obviously trolling. Wink

I've known JAP to troll and be helpful at the same time Smile No issues haha

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
11-14-2013, 03:07 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Following the second world war, Germans are conditioned to feel extremely guilty about their Nazi past - at least, the west Germans were. The east Germans were busy being occupied by the similarly totalitarian communists. You'll find neo-Nazis anywhere, even in Russia, but they're not at all mainstream.

So yeah, Germans come off as a bit over-reactive to simulated violence. Green blood, no swatzikas for entertainment purposes. I've heard of some games which have been made unplayable in Germany because they involved Nazi content: they made I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream unwinnable by removing the Nazi doctor protagonist.

Japan is a different story. While they don't necessarily deny their grandparents' crimes in World War 2, coverage of it is underplayed. Consequently, I don't think they're any more squeamish about violence than Americans.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013, 03:02 PM by Alardem.)
11-14-2013, 03:53 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Um... I'm polish guy, from the country that has been atacked by Germany first and that's how it started. Nazi-Germany was a country where only germans could live. On every country that has been on their control (for example Poland) they were buidling prisons, for example "Pawiak" located in Warszawa, capital city of Poland, also you could get even killed on a street and no one would care. The worst thing about this was the fact, the nazis were building concentration camps - something like prison, but much worser. Few examples:

- Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Treblinka
- Majdanek

Everyone could get in these; children, mothers with children, and even whole families. Something like 60% of people that were arriving at the camp were send directly into gas chambers - they got gased, and burned into ash in crematories.

People living at these camps had really bad conditions to live; whole place was dirty, and full of insects. Many people were dying because of being ill. Sometimes even if someome was ill and decided to go go the "Doctor" he got Fenol injuried into his blood and died. It didn't matter who you were - woman, man, six years old kid - they could beat you and trample you into dirt. The german officers in camps could let dogs out, so they can hunt for some people. At night, if nazi soldiers see someone out of the "hut" they started shooting.

There were even worser things in these camps, but I don't want to write more. As you can see these times were pretty messed up.

"The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved!"

Nice post I hit here, hehe
12-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Why did Hitler even want to kill Jews? Seriously.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
12-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(12-05-2013, 07:52 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Why did Hitler even want to kill Jews? Seriously.

Politics mostly. At the time, much of Germany's upper class consisted of Jews. Germany was ripe for the deceiving in this regard as the loss of WWI had left them broke and powerless. Hitler relied on this fact to help boost his popularity in the political arena, not to mention using theological rhetoric to justify it.

Scary.

12-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(12-05-2013, 07:52 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Why did Hitler even want to kill Jews? Seriously.

To make Germany and other countries free from jews, slavic people, etc
Mostly for making a huge German country only for Germans
12-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Hitler was hell bent on making his own master race of perfect people (in his mind).

He had a hatred towards Jews because they were often rich and wealthy. Hitler fought in WW1 and was pissed when he seen how most people were piss poor and the Jews were mostly comfortable.

So basically, jealousy.

Me and my graphics teacher had a short discussion about the swastika. He thinks that its the best example of how a symbol can unite a group of people. He likes the design of it (I mean come on, it is a powerful design) but is also amazed by how a symbol can cause so much anger in peoples lives.

It's really close to a traditional hindu symbol too (I think hindu).

[Image: luv.gif]
12-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

JAP acting high and shit. . .
12-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Find