Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get Windows HPL2 Editor Suite
DeadBacon Offline

Threads: 3
Can't get Windows HPL2 Editor Suite

First of all, I'm new to the forums, so hey everyone Heart
So on to my problem(Also kind of wondering if anyone else has the same issue). I've tried downloading Windows HPL2 editor suite from
"http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start"
I tried unzipping it with windows but got the error:
"Cannot Complete the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard
Before you can extract files, you must copy
files to this compressed (zipped) folder.
To close this wizard, click Finish."

So I tried downloading it again, same error. Next I wondered if It could just be windows being mean again, so I decided to get a different program for opening .ZIP files. Downloaded and installed Z-zip but when I tried to open it with Z-zip I got the error:
"0 Can not open file 'C:\Users\Accountname\Desktop\hpl_editor_suite.zip' as archive"
Next I assumed that it was because I was trying to extract it somewhere out of my Amnesia - The Dark Descent folder, where it was supposed to be extracted. So I copied it into my Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist folder. No luck- Same error. Then I wondered if It was my computer, so I tried downloading it on a different computer. Same error.
I run a Windows 7 computer with a 64-bit Operating system.
I searched around to see if there was another place where I could download the already extracted files, but nope Sad
Some of this information may be irrelevant but I figured I would put in as much as possible.
This is really annoying, as I'm traveling in 14 days and wanted to leave a custom story for a friend while I'm gone, so speedy answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any answers.
11-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Can't get Windows HPL2 Editor Suite

What is the size (in MB) of the zipped folder? Also, clear your browser cache. If that doesn't work, use another browser.

Also, download WinRAR and install it. After that, right click the zipped file and click Extract Here. Make sure you have Full Permission on the folder you are extracting.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 07:45 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
11-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Find
DeadBacon Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Can't get Windows HPL2 Editor Suite

(11-30-2013, 07:44 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: What is the size (in MB) of the zipped folder? Also, clear your browser cache. If that doesn't work, use another browser.

Also, download WinRAR and install it. After that, right click the zipped file and click Extract Here. Make sure you have Full Permission on the folder you are extracting.

I actually tried downloading it three times, and each were difference sizes, so it was kind of obvious something was wrong, also obvious that something was in there :P Anyway used a different browser and downloaded and extracted perfectly, thanks!
11-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Find