Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endo's Top 10 CS/FC Mods, (Including Upcoming Mods)
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17
Endo's Top 10 CS/FC Mods, (Including Upcoming Mods)

So i've made a list of the best mods in terms of mapping, atmosphere, sound and scariness.

This is just my opinions however.

10: The Attic.
The Attic is an amnesia custom story made by Seth1466 in 2011 and it got quite a reputation on moddb and Frictional’s forums. The mod was quite good yet there was a couple of things that held it back such as
95% of all the scares are jumpscares
The further you get in the story, the more confusing it gets
It has a good story line, but there's not much story while playing
No music and few effects
Easy and rushed ending.

9: Detorcium.
Detorcium is another amnesia custom story created by jane18CZ on moddb. This mod has an interesting story and a good build up yet the mapping isn’t exactly breathtaking and the voice acting is quite uh staticy?

8: White Night.
White Night has a big reputation on moddb and FG Forums for being the first full conversion mod for the dark descent. It’s a rather good mod and it has a nice story and exceptional voice acting yet there is a couple of things that held it back on this list. The mod is not exactly scary to be honest and the mapping is quite confusing and gets a bit bland half the time but most of it was great.

7: Gary - Dark Secrets.
Gary Dark Secrets is an amnesia full conversion by SebastianMRM and ReadingNotAllowed. The mod features a flashlight to begin with and it features some very good voice acting along with some nice mapping. The scares though were very expected and they started losing their touch after a while.

6: Mental Memorial.
Mental Memorial is another full conversion by DnALANGE from ModDB and FG Forums. The mod has some interesting features and nice mapping but the voice acting is a bit low quality and the scares were just expected and I got bored with them half way through.

5: PEIRAPRIGOND.
PEIRAPRIGOND is an amnesia custom story made by Landvaettr on ModDB. The mod features some interesting level design and an original story. The length is quite long and without a lantern your blind… and the maps are darker then a black mans cape.

4: The Great Work
The Great Work by Damascus and Crisosphinx is a great mod with an amazing story and original custom enemies. The mod has some great mapping yet some maps are a bit bland but that’s swiftly taken care of by better maps incoming as you play.

3: The Mansion 1408.
Made by Tiero and MyRedNeptune on ModDB in 2013. This mod features some of the best mapping in a custom story since 2010. the mod is based out of the Stephen King story 1408 and it’s quite an enjoyable experience yet the length is quite short.

2: Sins of The Father: Eternium.
Eternium is a Full Conversion by Robosprog on moddb and FG Forums. This mod has some excellent mapping and a interesting story. The mod barely makes use of the lantern because in Sprog’s words “Fuck Lanterns”. The mod has some scary moments and the mod dosen’t really have a downside to it except that the length is a bit short and the ending is quite unexpected.

1: CLOSURE
Closure by SonataArctica is an upcoming mod for amnesia. It almost looks like a new game and will be released by may 2014. The mapping from screenshots appears quite good and has a cry of fear feel to it and the story is quite penumbra-esque.

If there is any other great mods i've overlooked, Let me know and I'll add my opinons

The International Narcotics Traffic
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Endo's Top 10 CS/FC Mods, (Including Upcoming Mods)

:$
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23483.html
Premonition.
Maybe get exited for this before CLOSURE.
Because that will be the best mod ever!
CLOSURE isn't really finished as SonataArctica telling me on Skype.
Check it out and maybe you will like it.
Even tho there isn't a lot to see \ spoil.
When the game is finished i will open all sources!
Good list you have here btw!
DnALANGE
12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Ah fuck i forgot Premonition, Looks amazing and i am really excited for the release and has an interesting name, thats always good.

12-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(12-09-2013, 04:42 PM)endosine Wrote: Ah fuck i forgot Premonition, Looks amazing and i am really excited for the release and has an interesting name, thats always good.

Doesn't matter at all Endosine.
Maybe if you have played you can change it and place it somewhere in your list.
Wink
The mod is almost done.
some dealy now,, the female voiceactor had a really bad microphone, or was very bad recorded...
Coming soon!!!
12-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Your mod was amazing and needs more notice. You have great mapping skills and thats what gave it a top place on the list.

12-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10

(12-09-2013, 04:32 PM)endosine Wrote: 1: CLOSURE
Closure by SonataArctica is an upcoming mod for amnesia. It almost looks like a new game and will be released by may 2014. The mapping from screenshots appears quite good and has a cry of fear feel to it and the story is quite penumbra-esque.

Appreciate this mate! Smile

Closure ModDB page:

[Image: 16LO8Sx]
12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Sure thing! Keep you amazing work going! Plus May is the month of my birthday so it'd be quite a funny coincidence if the release date was that exact day.

So looking foward to May 2014.

12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Find