Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Desperate" need for a FEMALE voiceactor. SOLVED!
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: "Desperate" need for a FEMALE voiceactor. SOLVED!

(12-10-2013, 04:12 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 07:51 AM)Statyk Wrote: Can you double check and make sure you're posting your threads in the correct sub-forum Lange? I keep having to move them every so often.

Wasn't it in development?
That's where it has to be ?
Could you tell me where it was.
I'm sorry, i don't do it on purpose.
THIS time i was looking and i tjhought i put it in Development?
DAMN ME if i am wrong again!

You posted it in Custom Stories, TCs & Mods.

And by the way, thank you for (not) letting me know that you had already found someone else to play the role of Rose, after I spent a fair amount of time yesterday rehearsing and recording the lines to send you (at 5 AM!).

To be honest, I didn't have any hopes that you would choose me because I'm aware of my limitations. But it would have been nice to receive at least a brief courtesy reply with feedback regarding my interpretation and the reason for not being accepted.

Anyway, good luck for your current and future projects. Just try to be more attentive next time with the people who try to help you out for the simple pleasure of helping out.

12-11-2013, 03:38 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(12-11-2013, 03:38 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 04:12 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 07:51 AM)Statyk Wrote: Can you double check and make sure you're posting your threads in the correct sub-forum Lange? I keep having to move them every so often.

Wasn't it in development?
That's where it has to be ?
Could you tell me where it was.
I'm sorry, i don't do it on purpose.
THIS time i was looking and i tjhought i put it in Development?
DAMN ME if i am wrong again!

You posted it in Custom Stories, TCs & Mods.

And by the way, thank you for (not) letting me know that you had already found someone else to play the role of Rose, after I spent a fair amount of time yesterday rehearsing and recording the lines to send you (at 5 AM!).

To be honest, I didn't have any hopes that you would choose me because I'm aware of my limitations. But it would have been nice to receive at least a brief courtesy reply with feedback regarding my interpretation and the reason for not being accepted.

Anyway, good luck for your current and future projects. Just try to be more attentive next time with the people who try to help you out for the simple pleasure of helping out.

I was offcourse telling you!
I was just waiting for the last response of my own voiceactor who had a female voiceactor living near him.
So, i was just waiting and was maybe too fast with the SOLVED.
I'm almost sure she will do this job.
Thank you for your effort and help!
You have done a great job with it.
The only thing i think is better for the voiceactor i hve now is this;
They live near eitchother so, they visit eithchother and do the voiceacting.
That way they can bring a great feeling because they ARE tlking to eitchother in the mod.
Otherway.
You are a great woman Ash.
Thank you for your time.
And i DO recommend this woman for a great mod!
12-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

(12-11-2013, 06:07 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: I was offcourse telling you!
I was just waiting for the last response of my own voiceactor who had a female voiceactor living near him.
So, i was just waiting and was maybe too fast with the SOLVED.
I'm almost sure she will do this job.
Thank you for your effort and help!
You have done a great job with it.
The only thing i think is better for the voiceactor i hve now is this;
They live near eitchother so, they visit eithchother and do the voiceacting.
That way they can bring a great feeling because they ARE tlking to eitchother in the mod.
Otherway.
You are a great woman Ash.
Thank you for your time.
And i DO recommend this woman for a great mod!

Thank you so much for your kind words. Blush

I'm sorry if my previous reply sounded a bit cynical. I assumed that you wouldn't reply to me, but I have to admit that I could have waited a little longer.

I agree that for a dialogue it's better if the people involved are recording it together, it sounds more realistic. However, I would like to give you a suggestion: regarding the lines you sent me (phone conversation), I think it would sound more credible if the two actors were speaking on the phone or Skype, so that it gives the idea that they are each in a different place (when two people talk on the phone, the sound quality of the devices and the background noises aren't the same).

Thanks again for your feedback, and all the best!

12-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Find
Foxfyre Recluse Offline

Threads: 0

(12-12-2013, 03:13 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I agree that for a dialogue it's better if the people involved are recording it together, it sounds more realistic. However, I would like to give you a suggestion: regarding the lines you sent me (phone conversation), I think it would sound more credible if the two actors were speaking on the phone or Skype, so that it gives the idea that they are each in a different place (when two people talk on the phone, the sound quality of the devices and the background noises aren't the same).

This is taken care of by compressing the sound files, through an equalizer, so that the quality matches that of a cellphone. It's better to get a clean sounding recording from the voice actor so that there are more opportunities to control and manipulate the sound.

Voice Actor:
My website is http://www.chrismarcellus.org. You will find my demo on this site.
Feel free to PM me for work.
12-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Website Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

(12-12-2013, 06:51 AM)Foxfyre Recluse Wrote: This is taken care of by compressing the sound files, through an equalizer, so that the quality matches that of a cellphone. It's better to get a clean sounding recording from the voice actor so that there are more opportunities to control and manipulate the sound.

That's quite interesting! Thank you for the clarification.

12-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Find