Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Secluded - Indie Thriller/Light Horror Game
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Secluded - Indie Thriller/Light Horror Game

Great, I've sent the mail to everyone who volunteered. If anyone wants to get into it, it's still not too late. Just send me your e-mail on PM and I'll send you the details.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

Moar game plz.

06-20-2014, 02:51 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

I was thinking it might be easier if we had a separate file containing all of the dialogues and text which we could proof-read. Spotting the spelling/grammatical errors in real-time as we play the game can be tricky, especially during conversations which aren't repeatable without restarting the game/scene.

Is it possible to "extract" the text from the game files, or would you have to compile a separate file manually? Of course I don't want to add to your workload unnecessarily! Smile

P.S. I'm enjoying the game a lot, it inspires me to try harder to learn AGS!

06-20-2014, 03:41 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

(06-20-2014, 03:41 AM)Paddy™ Wrote: I was thinking it might be easier if we had a separate file containing all of the dialogues and text which we could proof-read. Spotting the spelling/grammatical errors in real-time as we play the game can be tricky, especially during conversations which aren't repeatable without restarting the game/scene.

Is it possible to "extract" the text from the game files, or would you have to compile a separate file manually? Of course I don't want to add to your workload unnecessarily! Smile

P.S. I'm enjoying the game a lot, it inspires me to try harder to learn AGS!

I found a few spelling/grammatical errors, particularly in the library. Mostly on my 3rd run, though.

06-20-2014, 04:53 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I don't think it's possible to extract all the text from the game just like that, I'd have to go through every script where a line is spoken or thought and manually copy/paste it into a document. That would take a significant amount of time since there's a lot of text in the game, even thought it may not seem like it. But it's a fair request. I could however rip the raw dialogue script with all the other mumbo jumbo and send it to you if you want, that said I don't think I have the time to rip the expositions but most of them are repeatable anyway.

Glad you liked it, I look forward to reading your bugreports when they are finished. Smile

Abraxas, no worries I'm working on the game while receiving bugreports, fixing any issues on the fly. You can expect a new playtester session during the fall or winter, my last playtester session was 6 months ago so I'm expecting the same amount of time between this and the next one, perhaps less. Smile

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Awesome! If I can be of any further help, let me know!

06-21-2014, 02:14 AM
Find