Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal Error message
caustr01 Offline

Threads: 2
Lightbulb  Fatal Error message

hey guys so I haven't been on my amnesia game for about 4 or 5 months and I decided to get back on and create my own custom story. I already had the editor and everything installed and never had issues with it before.
The game itself works fine but my editor isn't working at all.
When I click the level editor i get the message
'Fatal Error Could not load vertex buffer from mesh 'core_box.dae'

Ive tried deleting the editor and reinstalling it and this hasnt helped at all. I am updating amnesia right now but idk if that will make a difference.
Thanks!

update: the update did not work, it says the file is damaged. how to i uninstall and reinstall? I am using a mac

new update: restarted my computer and updated amnesia. deleted the editor suite and re downloaded it but still givin me the same error
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 02:58 AM by caustr01.)
01-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Fatal Error message

1. This is in the wrong section of the forums. No biggie because a moderator will move it.

2. Well assuming you have 10.9 Mavericks, Amnesia is incompatiable with that at the moment. When you mean the update, I am also assuming that is the Amnesia 1.2 (Justine) patch, which like I said, is incompatiable.

Could you run a Steam Integrity Check if your game is on Steam to find if there are any issues with the installation?
Also, did you download your Level Editor and other Development tools from the Wiki section? There are a few methods there which you may or may not have overlooked. I, being a Windows user, can only really support up to there however.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-24-2014, 07:36 AM
Find
caustr01 Offline

oh shoot I didn't realize i put this in the wrong area! my bad

yes I have read up that amnesia is incompatible and steam did the update automatically when i restarted my computer so I am assuming that was the update.
Amnesia itself worked and launched but I didn't really look into it further to see if the game actually is working correctly.

(running integrity right now)- everything came back good!

I did download Level Editor from the Wiki section. I downloaded the automatic one but I might try and do the manual one instead to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you!

Well I downloaded the manual version and now its giving me a new error saying Level Editor cant be opened because it is an unidentified developer. :/
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 08:46 AM by caustr01.)
01-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Find
Ignniis Offline

Threads: 1

(01-24-2014, 08:34 AM)caustr01 Wrote: oh shoot I didn't realize i put this in the wrong area! my bad

yes I have read up that amnesia is incompatible and steam did the update automatically when i restarted my computer so I am assuming that was the update.
Amnesia itself worked and launched but I didn't really look into it further to see if the game actually is working correctly.

(running integrity right now)- everything came back good!

I did download Level Editor from the Wiki section. I downloaded the automatic one but I might try and do the manual one instead to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you!

Well I downloaded the manual version and now its giving me a new error saying Level Editor cant be opened because it is an unidentified developer. :/

Go to security and allow applications from all developers, by default it blocks ones from unidentified devs.
01-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Find
caustr01 Offline

That worked! Thank you!
01-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Find