Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Can't progress without picking up note+key Script?
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Can't progress without picking up note+key Script?

There's more than one way to script sequences. You could use local vars, if-then-else statements, cases, hasitems, timers, etc. I wouldn't argue too much about it. Whichever one works and fulfills the required query will work fine in the mod.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(02-05-2014, 02:37 PM)Romulator Wrote: There's more than one way to script sequences. You could use local vars, if-then-else statements, cases, hasitems, timers, etc. I wouldn't argue too much about it. Whichever one works and fulfills the required query will work fine in the mod.

True.
Won't go any further in this discussion.
I agree with you Romu.
Just wanted to help this guy like you all.

(02-05-2014, 12:28 PM)FurtherGames Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 03:39 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 03:32 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Hd want 2 scriptareas..
1 is i need the note message
1 is i need the key message
so 2 scriprareas needed here.
maybe add it there player.

You don't have to make 2 areas. You can just do it with just 1 Script Area by using If-Else statements like I did. If the Player picks up the note, but not the key a message will appear. If both is picked up, then another message appears.

See? It's easier to use If-Else statements with just 1 Script Area rather then 2 Script Area with Activate-Deactivating it.

I don't want a message to appear when they pick up both that's the point. I've figured it out using my own method which involves two script areas. I'd rather just use two so I can see what I'm doing.

Whenever you have solved something, you might do this:
Reply to thread: Can't progress without picking up note+key Script? -SOLVED -
So we know we don't have to help and go into the tread anymore.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 02:49 PM by DnALANGE.)
02-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

Threads: 23

(02-05-2014, 02:23 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Next time be more explicit to what you want.
THIS here is 2 messages...??
Quote: I want a script so that if the character tries to go towards the Room Corridor before he picks up the note, it turns the screen to look at the note and a message is displayed saying "I best pick up that note first."

Then once he reads the note and tries to go to the Room Corridor before picking up the key, screen turns to basically look at the same part (Because of the angle) and a message "I'm going to need my key."
---
I've figured it out using my own method ??? That's what i try to say the whole time...
Anyway... try harder next time maybe? IF you think you can do it.?

No no... I meant once the player had both items no message would appear, this I explained, also I did figure it out using my own method. Don't know what you mean by try harder I've not done any scripting for over nine months. And I had forgotten close to everything. Don't be so condescending.

(02-05-2014, 02:47 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 02:37 PM)Romulator Wrote: There's more than one way to script sequences. You could use local vars, if-then-else statements, cases, hasitems, timers, etc. I wouldn't argue too much about it. Whichever one works and fulfills the required query will work fine in the mod.

True.
Won't go any further in this discussion.
I agree with you Romu.
Just wanted to help this guy like you all.

(02-05-2014, 12:28 PM)FurtherGames Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 03:39 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 03:32 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Hd want 2 scriptareas..
1 is i need the note message
1 is i need the key message
so 2 scriprareas needed here.
maybe add it there player.

You don't have to make 2 areas. You can just do it with just 1 Script Area by using If-Else statements like I did. If the Player picks up the note, but not the key a message will appear. If both is picked up, then another message appears.

See? It's easier to use If-Else statements with just 1 Script Area rather then 2 Script Area with Activate-Deactivating it.

I don't want a message to appear when they pick up both that's the point. I've figured it out using my own method which involves two script areas. I'd rather just use two so I can see what I'm doing.

Whenever you have solved something, you might do this:
Reply to thread: Can't progress without picking up note+key Script? -SOLVED -
So we know we don't have to help and go into the tread anymore.

I do always put my threads to "SOLVED" I have not had the time or had access to a computer, just my phone.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 07:49 PM by FurtherGames.)
02-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Find