Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand Appearing in Script Boxes - Solved
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
Hand Appearing in Script Boxes - Solved

I have collide script boxes set up for the player to walk through and the character they play has "thoughts" they say out loud when they walk through said script boxes.

For instance, when you walk into the bathroom, the player walks through the collide script box, and the character says "It's a bathroom."

But for some reason, when approaching these collide script boxes, the hand appears, as if there's something there to pick up. There isn't. There's just a script box.

Is there a way to get rid of this? Or am I stuck with it?

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014, 12:53 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
02-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Hand Appearing in Script Boxes

You probably wrote something in the PlayerInteractCallback "box" inside the "Area" tab of your script area.
You want to live this empty, otherwise the game will consider that he must show you the interaction hand so that you are able to interact with the area.

Not sure if you get me x).

02-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Hand Appearing in Script Boxes

(02-14-2014, 12:19 AM)daortir Wrote: You probably wrote something in the PlayerInteractCallback "box" inside the "Area" tab of your script area.
You want to live this empty, otherwise the game will consider that he must show you the interaction hand so that you are able to interact with the area.

Not sure if you get me x).

Oh my god. That was such an easy fix I feel so freaking stupid! Thank you so much. I never even thought to check the interact callback.

02-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Hand Appearing in Script Boxes - Solved

With pleasure, sir ^^/ !

02-14-2014, 01:01 AM
Find