Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bones and Mesh
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Bones and Mesh

I gotta ask you modellers out there that can animate. If I delete a mesh of an animated body, will I have to re-animate it again.

For example, the Suitor. The Suitor have this wheel around it's neck correct? Let's just say I want to delete the mesh of the wheel so that the wheel is no longer there. It's not tied to any bones that I know of, but if I deleted the mesh of the wheel, do I have to re-animate it again?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Bones and Mesh

As long as the wheel is a seperate mesh I think it should work without having to re-skin and re-animate. Pretty sure. I think I actually saw already a modified suitor without the wheel in one CS. Think it was Eternium: Father Of Sins?

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
02-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(02-16-2014, 12:24 PM)Juras Wrote: As long as the wheel is a seperate mesh I think it should work without having to re-skin and re-animate. Pretty sure. I think I actually saw already a modified suitor without the wheel in one CS. Think it was Eternium: Father Of Sins?

They didn't just make that part of the texture invisible?
02-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

Quote:They didn't just make that part of the texture invisible?

Oh yeah, that's probably what they did cause I remember I checked the enemy in the model editor and I could see the invisible wheel polys if I selected the monster. I still think it's possible though to remove a part of the enemy's model that's not attached to the body without the need of re-skinning. That's actually the only thing that may need to be done since you basically can make your own monster, make the same bones as Amnesia Enemy's have and then you can use their animations.

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
02-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yeah, I think you should be able to remove those, but it would leave a hole around his neck. You'd have to stitch that up and map the texture to the new faces. Same problem would occur if the texture was invisible, I would think. There would be nothing connecting his neck to his body (that is, if the wheel is extruded directly from his neck and not added as a separate object).

Edit: I took a closer look and it seems the wheel does not connect to his neck. You should be safe to remove it or make it invisible without having to do much more.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 11:34 PM by Mudbill.)
02-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Find