Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Better Curtains?
Deadon Offline

Threads: 5
Thumbs Down  Better Curtains?

Hey, can someone tell me how or help me put joints on the curtains to make them slide back and forth(open and close) and make the curtains move (grab-able)
Tongue Thanks

2 Mappers are definitely better than one.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 01:25 AM by Deadon.)
02-23-2014, 01:25 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Better Curtains?

Its not possible as far as I know when aiming to look realistic, but you can use the SetEntityActive() line of code and enable/disable the appropriate curtain pieces, depending on which ones you want. In your level editor, you would need to put the curtain you would like to see first enabled, and disable the other, but keep it there to look realistic. Then you can trigger an event to make them open at some point, by enabling the disabled one and vice versa.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-23-2014, 01:44 AM
Find
Deadon Offline

(02-23-2014, 01:44 AM)Romulator Wrote: Its not possible as far as I know when aiming to look realistic, but you can use the SetEntityActive() line of code and enable/disable the appropriate curtain pieces, depending on which ones you want. In your level editor, you would need to put the curtain you would like to see first enabled, and disable the other, but keep it there to look realistic. Then you can trigger an event to make them open at some point, by enabling the disabled one and vice versa.

I'm saying using sliders, not just clicking. I know it's possible, just don't know how.

2 Mappers are definitely better than one.
02-23-2014, 01:47 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

To be honest it's quite easy for people probably that's more experienced than me, but in my opinion it's kinda easy, but not that hard too.

How you would do this is to import the mesh into a modelling program(Blender/Maya/3ds Max) and seperate the curtains with the rods so you would have 3 seperate mesh(Rod, Left Curtain, and Right Curtain). Once you do that, make sure the curtains DOESN'T COLLIDE with the mesh of the Rod, after that export it(With textures and other stuff ofc) and import the new .dae file to the Model Editor.

Then, make it a slider type. In my opinion though it'll be easier to just make the three meshes as seperate entities and make them as 1 entity in the Level Editor.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-23-2014, 02:06 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Check out this video. It pretty much does exactly this. I'm sure you can figure out how to do something similar from it. I think this guy actually has a thread somewhere around the forums about his works. Yeah, this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjAH4RJqPM

02-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Find
Deadon Offline

(02-23-2014, 02:30 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Check out this video. It pretty much does exactly this. I'm sure you can figure out how to do something similar from it. I think this guy actually has a thread somewhere around the forums about his works. Yeah, this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjAH4RJqPM

Thanks!!!
02-26-2014, 02:12 AM
Find