Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pink Floyd Inspirations in FG's Games?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Pink Floyd Inspirations in FG's Games?

Whoops, managed to forget to reply to this last time I was on.
I also just realized that I forgot to mention that the audio of the Engineer's indistinct shouting [I forget what specific part that was in... I seem to remember also hearing it faintly in the opening sequence] is incredibly reminiscent of the megaphone portion of Waiting for the Worms - which is sort of fitting, considering the idea of 'cleansing the world' has a distinctly Nazi-ish vibe to it, whether intentional or not.

(03-09-2014, 04:16 PM)Sampyli Wrote: Once again, AMFP was not made by FG.

Yes, I should have noted that distinction in there. But I have a horrible short-term memory, so I tend to forget c:

(03-10-2014, 07:49 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:
(03-08-2014, 10:07 PM)ThatCrazyShaman Wrote: Lyrics from "Pigs" that seem to directly correlate with AMFP:

"Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are. You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are. And when your hand is on your heart..."
"With your head down in the pig bin, saying 'keep on digging'. Pig stain on your fat chin. What do you hope to find when you're down in the pig mine?"
That's it? Just the words 'pig man'?

More so that it seems to illustrate the interpretation of the song itself [albeit a little literally with the heart thing], as it can be seen as a slam against the wealthy/politicians. I suppose I could have also thrown in the 'bus stop rat bag' line [as it tends to make me think of the destitute], but I seem to remember that being a rather specific insult towards a person who was prominent at the time.

(03-11-2014, 05:03 AM)Alardem Wrote: I'm 101% positive that the concept of comparing men to pigs didn't begin with a '70s rock band. Not to mention that Frictional didn't develop the Pig game.

But hey, I'm sure there are other gamers out there with more musical knowledge than me who can try to link lyrics to the themes of these games.

I would imagine so, but it's more about the intended interpretation of the song itself [if taken at face value - that is to say, without looking at the qualities of the specific people it was written about], as opposed to being so black and white [which I should have made a note of in the OP, actually]. Pink Floyd was always one of my favorite bands, so I've spent a lot of time hanging around that community, reading up on people's interpretations of their lyrics [as PF wasn't always so clear about what the meaning behind them really was].

(03-11-2014, 07:27 AM)Tesbull Wrote: maybe she eats pigs?

I prefer beef, actually :B [I come from a cattle farming town lol]

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 09:32 PM by ThatCrazyShaman.)
03-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Find