Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can't topple shelves in Overture at beginning
zautman Offline

Threads: 1
Can't topple shelves in Overture at beginning

I feel like a moron here. Near the beginning of Overture, I have opened the shaft and entered the underground area. I enter the second room and get the flare and hammer. I know I need to knock over the shelves and then break through the wood behind it with the hammer. I can easily break through with the hammer, but I cannot squeeze through even when crouching. From reading several walkthroughs, I know I have to grab the metal shelf and turn it over to make more room. However, despite spending over an hour, I simply cannot turn it on its side. I have watched the video walkthrough a dozen times and appear to be doing exactly what he does. I approach it from the slightly at an angle and then grab the between the 2nd and 3rd shelf, but it does not budge. I have tried doing this from nearly every angle and at nearly every location on the shelves, but I cannot get it to move. I'm trying to grab it by left clicking on it and then moving the mouse. I have moved the mouse up and down and left and right to no avail. I have tried doing this in easy mode with no luck either.
12-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Find
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Can't topple shelves in Overture at beginning

hmmm, did you try walking to either side as you hold the shelf?

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
12-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Have you tried starting the game again?

12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

it sounds like you broke through, but can't get through, then it sounds like you can't even move the shelve. maybe I'm reading wrong. I'm sure it's the left shelve that moves, the right one doesn't. for whatever reason, some just don't allow you to move.
make sure you're not crouching on the shelve when trying to squeeze through. make sure that shelve is plenty far back.
if all has been attempted and still fails to work, maybe a glitch or something.
12-09-2008, 04:24 AM
Find
zautman Offline

Threads: 1

(12-08-2008, 05:16 AM)dragonmaster Wrote: hmmm, did you try walking to either side as you hold the shelf?

That was it. I'm still getting used to moving things around. I was walking up to the shelves and then trying to move it by moving the mouse while standing in front of or to the side of the shelves. Once I tried walking and pulling on it, it fell right over and then I was able to pull it out of the way. Thanks.
12-10-2008, 02:06 AM
Find