Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Assumptions]How Simon ended up in PATHOS-2
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
[Assumptions]How Simon ended up in PATHOS-2

So how Simon ended up in the station?
My best theory so far is that they used him and made experiments on him. Maybe they did something horrible to him. Maybe the whole thing he experiences is an experiment on him. They play with his consciousness.
Is he a robot or a human? Maybe neither or a mix of both? Did they put someone else's brain in his body? Did they put his brain on an automaton?

What do you think?

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014, 10:38 PM by BAndrew.)
04-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: [Assumptions]How Simon ended up in PATHOS-2

I find it weird that the screen (AKA Simon's field of vision)
Spoiler below!
distorts when near the Mr. Disco face like a camera would. This isn't like Slender: The Eight Pages where the character is viewing the gameplay through some recording device. Unless he's wearing some futuristic sci-fi helmet with a HUD or something, I think that the robot theory is perfectly plausible, maybe he's the brain of a human in the body of a robot, or vice versa.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
04-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Will we be having multiple protagonists? I'm curious because I'd been under the impression that the protagonist of the very first trailer was NOT the main character.
04-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(04-05-2014, 01:34 AM)Alardem Wrote: Will we be having multiple protagonists? I'm curious because I'd been under the impression that the protagonist of the very first trailer was NOT the main character.

I don't know. What gave you that impression?

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

04-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(04-05-2014, 01:36 AM)BAndrew Wrote:
(04-05-2014, 01:34 AM)Alardem Wrote: Will we be having multiple protagonists? I'm curious because I'd been under the impression that the protagonist of the very first trailer was NOT the main character.

I don't know. What gave you that impression?

The blog post pertaining to that trailer did say something along the lines of the character in the video not being the main character of the full game.
04-05-2014, 01:44 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

I don't recall reading anything like this in the review. Can you give a source?

04-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(04-05-2014, 01:46 AM)BAndrew Wrote: I don't recall reading anything like this in the review. Can you give a source?

"Because of this, the video does not star the protagonist from the actual game, but a totally different (and minor) character."

The Rock-Paper Shotgun preview's description of Simon's voice (weedy and vulgar) brings to mind the guy from that trailer.

Point is, I was under the impression that Dude-With-Robot-Brain from the trailer was not going to be the protagonist. But it seems like the protagonist will be a Dude-With-A-Robot-Brain.
04-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

One subtle detail I notice is in the demo's second half focusing on an underwater section midway through the game. The player has no HUD and runs out of breath when running, which makes little to no sense as he shouldn't be able to breath anyway. Is the lack of HUD a deliberate choice to minimise screen clutter? Are we supposed to imagine Simon is in a suit the same way we imagine Gordon Freeman's invisible hands turning a steering wheel? Or is this something else? Is Simon even literally underwater?

"It's not going to be that confusing when you play the real thing," Grip teases. "I'm glad you picked that up." How mysterious!

src: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-0...-game-soma
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(04-05-2014, 02:31 PM)droog Wrote: The player has no HUD and runs out of breath when running, which makes little to no sense as he shouldn't be able to breath anyway. Is the lack of HUD a deliberate choice to minimise screen clutter?

No HUD means perfect immersion. I always love it when games do without any HUD elements, because HUD always looks ugly on the screen and destroys the atmosphere. There's also no HUD needed and I wouldn't call it "a lack". Rather I'm very happy about a developer like Frictional Games who make games without HUD.

I don't need and I don't want any feedback information. In real life I also don't see my health bars.

HUD always reminds me to play a game and prevent me to focus on a believable in-game experience.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 03:32 PM by Googolplex.)
04-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

(04-05-2014, 02:31 PM)droog Wrote: One subtle detail I notice is in the demo's second half focusing on an underwater section midway through the game. The player has no HUD and runs out of breath when running, which makes little to no sense as he shouldn't be able to breath anyway. Is the lack of HUD a deliberate choice to minimise screen clutter? Are we supposed to imagine Simon is in a suit the same way we imagine Gordon Freeman's invisible hands turning a steering wheel? Or is this something else? Is Simon even literally underwater?

"It's not going to be that confusing when you play the real thing," Grip teases. "I'm glad you picked that up." How mysterious!

src: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-0...-game-soma

I'm pretty sure you can imagine the protagonist to be wearing a deep-sea diver's suit if it's evident that he's walking on the seabed.
04-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Find