Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How can I kill the infected enemies?
ikir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: How can I kill the infected enemies?

You bought the wrong game if you want/need weapons. There are only 2 weapons in Penumbra:
BRAIN
STEALTH

Mac Pro 8-core Nehalem 2,66Ghz
6GB RAM
Radeon 4870 512MB
01-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(01-22-2009, 07:22 PM)ikir Wrote: You bought the wrong game if you want/need weapons. There are only 2 weapons in Penumbra:
BRAIN
STEALTH

That's a good one! Big Grin:

01-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I think it's stupid to say. Very. Just imagine if Penumbra was for real, or was made into a movie. Philip would definately use that hammer, pickaxe, pencils, chairs or whatever he could get ahold of to defend himself. Might aswell be a gun.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I agree with Kedjane, in reality I would (If were Philip), defend myself with the hammer, pickaxe, stone, and whatever I can get ahold of down there. One thing that actually amazes me is that there is absolutely no guns at all down there, why wouldn't they bring any guns? The reason I read a while ago about the weapons being carried away from the mine seems a little far-fetched to me.

But. What would Penumbra be with violence and action? Not Penumbra at least, that's for sure. Tongue:

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

(01-23-2009, 05:10 PM)nackidno Wrote: I agree with Kedjane, in reality I would (If were Philip), defend myself with the hammer, pickaxe, stone, and whatever I can get ahold of down there. One thing that actually amazes me is that there is absolutely no guns at all down there, why wouldn't they bring any guns? The reason I read a while ago about the weapons being carried away from the mine seems a little far-fetched to me.

But. What would Penumbra be with violence and action? Not Penumbra at least, that's for sure. Tongue:

They should have had guns, but no good ammunition! You could use the butt of the gun as a last ditch weapon, you would only need to hit the infected a few dozen times on the head while he is strangling you! It would not really hurt the atmosphere to have that in my view although perhaps some of the infected could have working weapons.
01-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

(01-24-2009, 04:45 AM)jamhaw Wrote: They should have had guns, but no good ammunition! You could use the butt of the gun as a last ditch weapon, you would only need to hit the infected a few dozen times on the head while he is strangling you! It would not really hurt the atmosphere to have that in my view although perhaps some of the infected could have working weapons.

I dunno, I thought the pickaxes some of them were wielding worked well enough to me! Big Grin:

But as for the guns thing, I think them being carried off is realistic enough. I mean, when the military base got closed down, guns can be expensive to make and produce, especially since those guns can be used elsewhere, right? And when the Archaic moseys on down to Greenland in the area--well, they're researchers, not Rambos-in-training. Why would they have a plethora of guns on them?

01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

(01-26-2009, 04:18 PM)graykin Wrote:
(01-24-2009, 04:45 AM)jamhaw Wrote: They should have had guns, but no good ammunition! You could use the butt of the gun as a last ditch weapon, you would only need to hit the infected a few dozen times on the head while he is strangling you! It would not really hurt the atmosphere to have that in my view although perhaps some of the infected could have working weapons.

I dunno, I thought the pickaxes some of them were wielding worked well enough to me! Big Grin:

But as for the guns thing, I think them being carried off is realistic enough. I mean, when the military base got closed down, guns can be expensive to make and produce, especially since those guns can be used elsewhere, right? And when the Archaic moseys on down to Greenland in the area--well, they're researchers, not Rambos-in-training. Why would they have a plethora of guns on them?

Because they are the Archaic, a supersecret organisation dealing with paranormal or alien threats that possibly could whipe out entire humanity?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

(01-26-2009, 06:45 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Because they are the Archaic, a supersecret organisation dealing with paranormal or alien threats that possibly could whipe out entire humanity?

Are you sure about that? We don't know much about the extent of the operation. Sure, the Archaic dealt with, I'm sure, a lot of alien technology that could potentially be hazardous, but from the sounds of things the Archaic just didn't care about that kind of thing.

What were the researchers really expecting? Did they consider the destructive consequences of their actions? Did they have any inkling that opening up the Tuurngait tomb would have killed pretty much everyone in the mine, and that the destructive influences would have spread beyond in the world?

Yes, Howard was one who was cautious and warned against defilement of the tomb. But judging by how everyone else ignored him completely and started moving everything around proves that--well--the Archaic, for all of their knowledge of history and the alien forces who've influenced the planet didn't seem to be all that well prepared for what they encountered next.

If the Archaic was pompous enough to just open up mines and tombs willy-nilly ignoring the consequences of their actions, then why would they bother to prepare themselves with guns? Everyone was just so sure of themselves, from the observations I've made in the game, that I could easily understand how the Archaic would be that stupid and not bring firearms as precaution.

01-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

(01-27-2009, 03:34 PM)graykin Wrote: Are you sure about that? We don't know much about the extent of the operation. Sure, the Archaic dealt with, I'm sure, a lot of alien technology that could potentially be hazardous, but from the sounds of things the Archaic just didn't care about that kind of thing.

What were the researchers really expecting? Did they consider the destructive consequences of their actions? Did they have any inkling that opening up the Tuurngait tomb would have killed pretty much everyone in the mine, and that the destructive influences would have spread beyond in the world?

Yes, Howard was one who was cautious and warned against defilement of the tomb. But judging by how everyone else ignored him completely and started moving everything around proves that--well--the Archaic, for all of their knowledge of history and the alien forces who've influenced the planet didn't seem to be all that well prepared for what they encountered next.

If the Archaic was pompous enough to just open up mines and tombs willy-nilly ignoring the consequences of their actions, then why would they bother to prepare themselves with guns? Everyone was just so sure of themselves, from the observations I've made in the game, that I could easily understand how the Archaic would be that stupid and not bring firearms as precaution.

Well, the Archaic do have some strange logic going around but I still don't think taking a cyanide pill is their solution to everything. I think it sais somewhere (or is at least hinted) that they have encountered hostile threats before.
Since they are a huge worldwide company (20'000 members if I remember it right) they are also bound to have some sort of rival company (or at least some people trying to find them), in which case someone would have to carry a firearm.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
01-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

(01-27-2009, 03:34 PM)graykin Wrote:
(01-26-2009, 06:45 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Because they are the Archaic, a supersecret organisation dealing with paranormal or alien threats that possibly could whipe out entire humanity?

Are you sure about that? We don't know much about the extent of the operation. Sure, the Archaic dealt with, I'm sure, a lot of alien technology that could potentially be hazardous, but from the sounds of things the Archaic just didn't care about that kind of thing.

They probably assumed that the tomb was a tomb. No living creatures, I think that they were archaelogists, they probably expected some dusty old bones and a broken down, flying saucer. They would be more concerned about this leaking to the media.
(01-27-2009, 05:03 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Well, the Archaic do have some strange logic going around but I still don't think taking a cyanide pill is their solution to everything. I think it sais somewhere (or is at least hinted) that they have encountered hostile threats before.
Since they are a huge worldwide company (20'000 members if I remember it right) they are also bound to have some sort of rival company (or at least some people trying to find them), in which case someone would have to carry a firearm.

I think that the cyanide capsule was incase you got infected so that you would not become a danger. Also most of the current discussion on firearms is moot as they had empty boxes of ammunition in a storage room at the heart of their self sufficent facility, so they obviousley had guns we just didn't find them. Also I think that they are more of a secret society than a company, the company (if any) would be merely a front.
01-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Find