Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing sound of a rock
Spazatron Offline

Threads: 17
Changing sound of a rock

I have a debris entity (a stone) called "stone_med01_brown". I have scripted the rock to fall onto the ground when a player walks past it, but I want to change its sound so that when it hits the floor it plays a much more reverberant sound (that I've already created). How do I change the entity's sound when it hits the ground? I think I need to use the Model Editor but I'm not sure where I change the sound. Thanks.
05-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Changing sound of a rock

There is a much easyer way to do.
You can use PlaySoundAtEntitie for YOUR sound on a scriptarea where the stone falls on the ground.
Add a script area on the ground underneath the stone.
Add a collide function if the rock toutches the scriptarea add your PlaySoundAtEntitie( the script area underneath the rock).
--
I hope this is what you mean, this is a very easy way ( altho you can still hear the Original sound as well, maybe not//
05-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Find
Spazatron Offline

(05-08-2014, 09:20 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: There is a much easyer way to do.
You can use PlaySoundAtEntitie for YOUR sound on a scriptarea where the stone falls on the ground.
Add a script area on the ground underneath the stone.
Add a collide function if the rock toutches the scriptarea add your PlaySoundAtEntitie( the script area underneath the rock).
--
I hope this is what you mean, this is a very easy way ( altho you can still hear the Original sound as well, maybe not//

I'll use the info you gave me and work on it. Thanks! Big Grin
05-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yes, that method is probably something you'd prefer. Another way you can do it, is to make it use those sounds internally, but that requires modifying/using your own materials.cfg file. Doing so does not work with a custom story; only full conversion mods.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2014, 10:21 PM by Mudbill.)
05-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Find
Spazatron Offline

(05-08-2014, 10:21 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Yes, that method is probably something you'd prefer. Another way you can do it, is to make it use those sounds internally, but that requires modifying/using your own materials.cfg file. Doing so does not work with a custom story; only full conversion mods.
Ah yeah I see. Alright, thanks man.
05-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Find