Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Lux Tenebras, Better or Worse?
doomdoom Offline

Threads: 7
Lux Tenebras, Better or Worse?

Well, a few questions so give your opinion Wink:

·Will it be better or worse than Penumbra's series?
·Will it be a single game or a continued part game like Penumbra?
·Will it be scarier that Penumbra? Why?
·Do you expect it to be better than the legendary Penumbra =P?

Well, that's it ^^
Good Luck and Bye
01-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Lux Tenebras, Better or Worse?

Quote:·Will it be better or worse than Penumbra's series?
The game is not released yet, can't answer. Although I _hope_ Lux Tenebras will deliver better than Penumbra.

Quote:·Will it be a single game or a continued part game like Penumbra?
Can't answer.

Quote:·Will it be scarier that Penumbra? Why?
I _hope_ it will be scarier, I can't say why since the game is not released yet.

Quote:·Do you expect it to be better than the legendary Penumbra =P?
Yupp.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Find
doomdoom Offline

Well, it's your OPINION, imagination, right? Because of that I put "Will" not "Is", so you can make prediction ^^
01-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I think it will be better and hope that it will make a larger worldwide impact.
Doesn't seem to have much to offer to the wide masses, but we haven't really seen anything yet.
We'll still think of Penumbra as the "great beginning", no matter if Lux is better or worse.
I think they will make it technically better, made the controls and all those things better. Perhaps better fun aswell, but I'm pretty uncertain if it will be better overall.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Level Design - Level design will remain largely as bland as it was in Penumbra - large blank walls fitted with common design (pipes, collumns, vents, ect)
However, expect level designs to be much more flexible and larger. Their new tool will allow much faster modeling, and at a higher quality.

New tools will also increase their productivity - They can test scripts out much faster, they can tweak lighting better, and so on.

The game will be in production longer than the penumbra episode was. This means they don't have to create a new world every game (in penumbras case, episode). They can also build more flexible scripts that have a greater reward at the cost of higher coding time.

Overall, Lux Tenebras will probably outfit the penumbra series, but not replace.
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FRICTIONAL GAMES, GET RID OF THE LEVEL DESIGN FROM PENUMBRA SERIES.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
01-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(01-10-2009, 04:27 AM)WindexGlow Wrote: Level Design - Level design will remain largely as bland as it was in Penumbra - large blank walls fitted with common design (pipes, collumns, vents, ect)
However, expect level designs to be much more flexible and larger. Their new tool will allow much faster modeling, and at a higher quality.

New tools will also increase their productivity - They can test scripts out much faster, they can tweak lighting better, and so on.

The game will be in production longer than the penumbra episode was. This means they don't have to create a new world every game (in penumbras case, episode). They can also build more flexible scripts that have a greater reward at the cost of higher coding time.

Overall, Lux Tenebras will probably outfit the penumbra series, but not replace.
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FRICTIONAL GAMES, GET RID OF THE LEVEL DESIGN FROM PENUMBRA SERIES.

Actually from what we've seen there will be a lot less blank wall places. Can't agree there.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

By large blank wall places, I meant large sections of the walls will remain repetitive. There won't be too much difference between them.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I really think it´s too early to speculate about the game...

Personally though, I expect the game to be more occult-oriented than the science-fiction-ness of Penumbra.
01-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I agree with Spukrian, we have not seen any in-game content yet. Only some concept art.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Find
doomdoom Offline

I hope that Lux Tenebras will have a long variety of enemies. Not like Black Plague that we have the Tuurngait or Overture that we have the spiders and dogs. I don't know, some creative monsters, mysterous and many many darkness! =D. Guns? It would be the same for me, but I prefer a bit having weapons like the axe and hammer =P.
01-11-2009, 02:46 AM
Find