Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing Options In The Main Menu
Lakelezz Offline

Threads: 1
Editing Options In The Main Menu

Dear users, mods and admins!

I have a question about the main menu due my wish to change the listed options in it.
There is this category "Custom Story" I want to be removed. I tried a couple of things:
  • Editing the menu.cfg but there is no instruction for those listed categories.
  • Looking into the base_english file. I removed the the category "custom maps" but now the menu is leaving a blank row.
  • My final idea was to look into the *.skin file but they seem to have no relation to the look of the menu either.

Is it possible to remove the main menu category "Custom Story" completely? By this I mean without even an empty row?

Hopefully you can enlighten me and thank you for reading!

with best regards
Lakelezz
05-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Website Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Editing Options In The Main Menu

Why would you want to remove that if I may ask?

Derp.
05-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Find
Lakelezz Offline

Oh, it is a full conversion mod and I want to clean the main menu up.
Since I am pretty sure, when the player runs the batch for my mod, he/she wants to play it.
Additionally I am interested in how the game is working in total.
05-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I just remembered that Justine does not have that option on their main menu. Considering Justine is basically just an offical FC mod, perhaps it's defined somewhere in those files?

05-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Find
Lakelezz Offline

Thank you Mudbill but my search was not successful.
However I am still trying to find the difference and thanks to your post I am now pretty sure, that this is not coded into some c++-data. Though there could be one difference! Maybe the loading via the launcher is causing to access on a different layout of the game but to take a closer look on this I need to find the determining data. Which would be the solution of this problem.
06-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Website Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52

i try this two,and i deleted it but there is empty place there...so it's not helpfull :(

06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Find
Lakelezz Offline

I simply could not make out which or what is changing the appearance of the menu. I compared and check the complete "Justine" custom story . If there is anybody who knows something about it - I would be very thankful!
06-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Website Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

I'm also trying to get it removed. I'm wondering how they did it in Justine. I looked EVERYWHERE for an option to completely remove the Custom Stories option from my IFC but removing the entry from one of the config files just leaves an empty gap...
Gonna follow this post just in case anyone finds a way to do it.
06-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

It must be the button for Justine in the launcher the one that opens the game with a special flag that removes custom stories.
Because you can get Justine by doing Amnesia.exe config/ptest_main_init.cfg and the option for cs is still there.

06-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Find
Lakelezz Offline

Yes, I already thought about that but since I cannot access on the c++ files I could never test it.
I wonder if we could transmitter this "flag" within the batch-file. However this is were we lack of information, I guess.
Thank you, Amn!
06-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Website Find