Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finishing up Pyramid Head Model
vengey Offline

Threads: 7
Finishing up Pyramid Head Model

Well I am just about finished with the Pyramid Head Model. All the animations and sounds work as expected EXCEPT FOR ONE. There is something wrong with the attack animation. Does it work? Yes. Does it work when it should No. Currently I have hit a dead end as the enemy does not attack the player. I have had it happen on very rare occurrences, however not when it ever should. I am feeling like it might have something to do with the NormalDamageSize and NormalDamageOffset and NormalAttackDistance, but the hell if I know what those mean. Well let me rephrase that, I know what they mean but it isn't very clear on what I am inputting for values it just has 3 inputs next to the variable and that's it. I am assuming it is the XYZ values, but my question is what are these values relative to? Are they relative to the center of the model or the bounding box surrounding the model when placed into the level editor. I really have no idea. Once I figure out why the model won't attack I will be all set. Just for clarification let me give you my current values and show what I mean by bounding box, and yes I know the model has a rather large box around it but I do not want to modify anything more outside model editor after this point.

[Image: fRKwqjO.png]

[Image: OQRB4Qn.png]

05-29-2014, 03:52 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model

And it looks alright around here?
[Image: 2chuan5.png]

Trying is the first step to success.
05-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

Nice to see you made some animations for the pyramid headBig Grin

Anyway, let me get this right, so does he play the attack animation but you get damaged not when he actually slashes you with the sword or does he catch up to you, plays the attack animation but doesn't damage at all? Or does he not play the attack animation at all when he catches up sometimes? You're values look right and I have the same (except I have 1.75 on the last window in the NormalDamageSize section) and it works perfectly for me. But before the attacks and other animations like break door were perfect I had to make the special event time in the "animations" section perfect since that's what tells in what part of the animation to activate an event (damaging the player for example).

Let me know which of these problems you excatly had so I can help you more and try changing the last value in the NormalDamageSize to 1.75 Smile

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 08:41 AM by Juras.)
05-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

EDIT:
After rigging the monster and applying the animations, go to Pose Mode (I think that's what it's called) and check if the animations are listed and are they working nicely.

The icon is at the bottom toolbar with 2 flat rectangles, with 1 behind the other.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 08:56 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
05-29-2014, 08:48 AM
Find
Juras Offline

(05-29-2014, 08:48 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 08:38 AM)Juras Wrote: Nice to see you made some animations for the pyramid headBig Grin

Anyway, let me get this right, so does he play the attack animation but you get damaged not when he actually slashes you with the sword or does he catch up to you, plays the attack animation but doesn't damage at all? Or does he not play the attack animation at all when he catches up sometimes? You're values look right and I have the same (except I have 1.75 on the last window in the NormalDamageSize section) and it works perfectly for me. But before the attacks and other animations like break door were perfect I had to make the special event time in the "animations" section perfect since that's what tells in what part of the animation to activate an event (damaging the player for example).

Let me know which of these problems you excatly had so I can help you more and try changing the last value in the NormalDamageSize to 1.75 Smile
Your*
Exactly*
Sad

05-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Find
vengey Offline

Wow thanks for the fast reply guys o.o
Well here is the deal..first off gotta say, thank you Juras for helping me out a while back, finally am getting a chance to continue working now that it is summer
Anyways, so the issue is this, the animations all work fine and the character is animating in game. The attack animation WORKS, I have no idea how but there have been a few RARE occurrences where I would hit some sweet spot and the animation along with the events and damage would play out.
So the attack animation DOES WORK, but the attack animation DETECTION DOES NOT

I plopped the model into my Resident Evil test map I slaved over a while back to test it out. I jumped down from the balcony to activate him and he would chase me ladeedadeeda but once he would get closer and closer he still wouldnt attack

So I modified the model a little more fiddling with attack distance and to no avail

Now for the fun part. I jumped from the balcony once and BOOM he attacked me, I think it was before he began chasing after me. So this is how I know it works. Only problem is i dont know where the fuck the sweet spot is where he attacked me.

So in conclusion here is the REAL PROBLEM
The attack animation works, but I dont know where the absolute hell the sweet spot trigger for the attack is located relative to the enemy. That's why I showed the bounding box around PHead before he is placed down because in reference to that box or hell the character itself, where the hell is the trigger the player collides with to initiate the attack sequence?

That's why I feel like it definitely has to do with those inputs I mentioned earlier, but I have no idea where the coordinates are relative to in reference to the enemy Sad

05-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Hmm I haven't had this issue before as my monsters worked perfectly using grunt's values. But if you could send the monster to me I could take a better look myself and hopefully find the main issue if that's okay with you of course

05-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-29-2014, 10:04 AM)Juras Wrote: Hmm I haven't had this issue before as my monsters worked perfectly using grunt's values. But if you could send the monster to me I could take a better look myself and hopefully find the main issue if that's okay with you of course

This is just a mere speculation, but I think vengey should use Brute's values since the attack type is Slash. Grunt's attack type is Claws.

Since the attack type is different, then the Events in the Animations tab should be different too.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Welp I give up. I changed it to all the brute's values....well with a few minor alterations to his speed so it doesn't go TOO fast after the player due to the sword. However it still won't attack. Well here is my question on this one because here is the difference between the PYRAMID HEAD model and the BRUTE model. This is why I am asking about where the trigger area is relative to what in the model, because if I figure that out I can get the attack to work

[Image: ewIRAR9.jpg]

[Image: I6Y9Cfk.jpg]

Okay update. I have modified the values to the point where it SOMETIMES works, I think I may be close to SOMETHING

UPDATE

Nvm Im still as lost as ever Big Grin

Hey Juras still up to taking a look at her again xD

Help me out and she is free for you to use whenever you want xD

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014, 02:47 AM by vengey.)
05-30-2014, 02:13 AM
Find
vengey Offline

Im going to post a download link to the model because Im just all out of options

BTW The animations all work, but you will have to REASSIGN the animations to the rig in the model editor because for some reason the editor doesnt like it, but the game nor level editor seem to care just the model editor. So like go into the animations tab then for each animation RESELECT the file currently selected just to make sure they work

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7bepj...idHead.zip

05-30-2014, 04:21 AM
Find