Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture keeps crashing
MccGarthur Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Overture keeps crashing

I keep getting multiple crashes during gameplay; first when opening the hatch in the very beginning with the metal rod, second when first encountering a dog, and watching it walk off screen, and lastly when I tried to open up the door to the workshop.

My specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
i5-3570k @ 3.4GHz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

I have attached my hpl.log

After the first crash, I verified cache integrity via Steam, and 42 files couldn't be validated and had to be redownloaded. Second time, 10 files, and the last time it was able to verify 100%.

I was getting exception_access_violation error, but now when it is retrieving the crash data, it gets to 34% then says penumbra.exe has stopped working. I don't know how active these forums are, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 14.96 KB / Downloads: 114)
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 09:41 PM by MccGarthur.)
06-17-2014, 06:25 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overture keeps crashing

Make sure the files are all verified in steam. After that, try to load an earlier save game before entering the area that crashes the game.

If that doesn't work, it's some background program or service that interferes with the game causing it to crash. Check some known problematic programs mentioned at the troubleshooting guide. There are bound to be a lot more though so try closing anything else in the background including antivirus etc.
06-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Find