Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When should I look for voice actors?
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1
RE: When should I look for voice actors?

nevermind i see it
[Image: Screen+Shot+07-21-14+at+04.54+AM.PNG]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 09:59 AM by victorkim890(KimmyChimmy).)
07-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

Holy hell, I go to bed and wake up to a million posts. LOL. Yeah, I personally don't see voice acting as a big deal. But pretty much everyone I've watched LP my last CS has mentioned that it would be better with voice acting and I've received plenty of reviews that docked points because of it. Personally I just want to put a message at the beginning of my CS that says "There is no voice acting in this. If you can't read, go play call of duty or something." but I'm trying to remain civil.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Find

it would be a funny intro u start the cs and u see the message at the beggining tat says

"There is no voice acting in this. If you can't read, go play call of duty or something."

07-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

As one of the lets players that may have mentioned A Late Night Drink needed a little touch of voice acting, I feel it has to do with something in close regards to laziness, haha. Some reading is fine, but so many people just don't like the heavy reading and it's completely because a lot of us are lazy, aha.

As far as when to start looking for voice actors, a lot of people wait until their stories are almost finished, however, with my own custom story I feel like the faster I have the lines, the easier the scripting will be in the long run. That's just me though. Once I finish a part with voice acting, I want to be able to complete the script completely, with all my voice acting there and everything.

It depends on how you want to do your scripting, I guess. :'D

07-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Just saying, DeAngelo, is not too late to add voice acting to your mod.
I don't think I played it, but I will if you do that. =p

07-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

(07-22-2014, 12:33 AM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: As one of the lets players that may have mentioned A Late Night Drink needed a little touch of voice acting, I feel it has to do with something in close regards to laziness, haha. Some reading is fine, but so many people just don't like the heavy reading and it's completely because a lot of us are lazy, aha.

As far as when to start looking for voice actors, a lot of people wait until their stories are almost finished, however, with my own custom story I feel like the faster I have the lines, the easier the scripting will be in the long run. That's just me though. Once I finish a part with voice acting, I want to be able to complete the script completely, with all my voice acting there and everything.

It depends on how you want to do your scripting, I guess. :'D

The way this particular CS will play will leave a lot of room for error so I don't think it'd be that big of a deal if I wait till later. There won't be many...I dunno how to put it, "tight" moments where changing the lines will require changing much script.

(07-22-2014, 01:35 AM)Amn Wrote: Just saying, DeAngelo, is not too late to add voice acting to your mod.
I don't think I played it, but I will if you do that. =p

I don't think I'll do that since it's been over a year. So many people have already played it and I don't think they'd go through it again just for voice acting. However I have thought about remaking the CS on another engine (I really want to learn how to code on Cry Engine 3 because games on that look amazing) and if I do that I could use voice acting. Plus it would allow me to create the CS the way I originally intended which was limited by the capabilities of HPL engine.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 03:32 AM by DeAngelo.)
07-22-2014, 03:31 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

That'd be fantastic to see it redone on a different engine, especially something like the Cryengine. Big Grin

And if you ever need a voice actor, I'm generally always available.

07-22-2014, 04:45 AM
Find

nvm this post

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 04:58 PM by victorkim890(KimmyChimmy).)
07-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

KimmyChimmy, please try to keep your posts relevant, and not consist mostly of short lines of nonsense.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
07-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Find

k ill erase

07-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Find