Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Pewdiepie arguments Thread

(09-16-2012, 08:23 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: He's aware of the demographic that watches his video and adjusts his commentating accordingly; good for business, bad for any sort of artistic integrity/ human decency. It's obvious that his style has evolved from a calm, collected fellow to whatever the hell you'd call him now. He fakes literally everything and overuses his self-made (for lack of a better word) "memes".

That is why I consider him a sellout. Oh, and he's not very funny either (unless you have the mentality/maturity of a 10-16 year-old or something).
sorry andy, if he is funny or not,every person has a opinion,you can't say that who think he is funny is a idiot O_o

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

There's nothing stopping him from saying it. Therefore, he can say it. And I'll support him on it. He can say it, and he did.

09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

(09-16-2012, 08:28 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: There's nothing stopping him from saying it. Therefore, he can say it. And I'll support him on it. He can say it, and he did.
ok. so i can say that who hates him is a idiot and a kid? this don't make any sense right?

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM by Gaviao.)
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-16-2012, 07:56 PM)the dark side Wrote: Proper games should be treated professionally, i dont mind people treating casual titles as a joke, because, basically, they are a joke! but a proper game, thats had time, effort and love sunk into its production, rather than just lazy "console gaming" checkbox ticking, should be treated seriously! to not take a proper game seriously is , in my opinion, to Disrespect the hard work of the developers who made it, especially when you consider that they took a risk to actually Bother making a proper game, when they could have just sat on there backsides and churned out yet another, boring, broken, lazy casual game. i feel it is disrespectfull to the people who made the game to treat it like a joke, and im sorry, but that just gets me really angry,. these people Bothered to make a Proper game, so i think they deserve some Respect!
Often, with the more terrifying titles, Felix will play them in the dark, without commentating or making a video from it. Come on, the guy still needs to enjoy himself, he's just also loyal to his fanbase. He understands what makes games good, and he has utmost respect for them; the humor is just that, goddamn humor! And how the hell is playing games for fun translate to "MUST WIN OMG!!!", when you say that the only right thing to do is play seriously, like it's your job. Doesn't that translate to "MUST WIN OMG, NIPPLE-CLAMPS!!!" more than fun?
True, Amnesia and other games like it aren't really made to be fun; they're made to be an experience that sticks with us, haunting and illuminating our minds with thoughts of such chronic terror, that your only call-up buddy would be a therapist.

Many games, books, and movies aren't made to be fun or delightful - you're there to hear/see/understand whatever message it's trying to convey.
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

@Dark side: Can you please use capitalization and spellcheck?

Right off the bad you made the senseless assumption that "fun" bears the same meaning to each person, which is so false it's not even funny. I find mathematics to be "fun". There's a sophisticated pleasure in solving a difficult problem and learning the applications of all the different tools in maths such as matrices or calculus.

You mentioned that good games allow the player to experience interesting worlds and challenges. What's not "fun" or enjoyable about that? Why do we have to treat this exploration of a video game so professionally? What if I just wanted the game to take me out on a journey and forget about all my life's worries by immersing myself in its universe? You also made the false dichotomy of fun and challenge. In many cases I enjoy being frustrated by a difficult video game (NES era comes to mind) because it makes me think critically about how to beat it. That is just one of my many definitions of "fun", and in no way do I find that to be any form of treating the game professionally.

As for "respecting" the developers, there's a little thing called opinion. I do agree that I am severely disappointed at the mainstream gaming industry nowadays - I've pretty much lost all hope in them. But you said that we should treat "proper games" professionally. Who's to say what is a proper game and what isn't? How exactly do you measure effort? Each individual has different preferences of video games. There is absolutely no universal standard to say that a certain developer deserves more respect than another. It's all a matter of opinion.

Lastly, don't automatically assume that the world - especially our society - is fair in rewarding hardworking devs with "respect". I have far more respect for those who are content with acquiring only a small fanbase for their games and don't go around flaunting how good their game is. Popularity and fame isn't everyone's goal (although money definitely does factor in).

@OP: Pewdiepie is surprisingly mature when he's not gaming. He definitely has very different standards than me when judging a game, but I still find him entertaining nonetheless. Not his penis / vagina jokes, though. The made-up characters like Piggy are okay.

[Image: p229xcq]
09-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(09-16-2012, 08:31 PM)Gaviao Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 08:28 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: There's nothing stopping him from saying it. Therefore, he can say it. And I'll support him on it. He can say it, and he did.
ok. so i can say that who hates him is a idiot and a kid?
On this forum, yes.
That's not a bad thing.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 08:23 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: He's aware of the demographic that watches his video and adjusts his commentating accordingly; good for business, bad for any sort of artistic integrity/ human decency. It's obvious that his style has evolved from a calm, collected fellow to whatever the hell you'd call him now. He fakes literally everything and overuses his self-made (for lack of a better word) "memes".

That is why I consider him a sellout. Oh, and he's not very funny either (unless you have the mentality/maturity of a 10-16 year-old or something).
You understand we're not talking about anything other than a LP person, right? He does what the majority think is funny - perhaps even - what he thinks is funny. He's actually a smart and nice person, who can't be judged like an artist, since that's never something he claimed to be. He never flaunts his fame in the faces of others, nor does he consider his opinions to be above those of his fans. Wanna watch a LP who you might respect? Try Morfar, he deserves more fans. (Also Swedish)
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Dark Side, considering that those "stupid lawltroll" let's players are what made Amnesia so famous, I doubt FG mind much. I mean hell, I heard of Amnesia because I saw a let's play, and I bet you at leat 95% of the other people on this forum did too. Even putting that aside, considering he fact that Thechineseroom said "If we don't get as many cool YouTube videos of people having fits, then I'll be disappointed" in regards to AMFP, I really don't think they hate them as much as you seem to think.

In all honesty, if everyone who LPed Amnesia treated it like spr srs bsns then I, along with many other people, would be bored out of my mind. It's a horror game, you're supposed to get scared and scream. I mean hell, I've been in development of my mod for over a year now and I can guarantee you the first thing I look forward to after I release that thing is YouTube videos of people shitting themselves over it, and I am most definitely taking that thing seriously.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 08:55 PM by Kman.)
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I'd also like to point out that pre to late teenage males are the LP watching demographic according to those hip YouTube statistics, I'm not just saying that condescendingly. Of course there are outliers just like any other set of data (i.e. people who are in their 20s or haven't become teenagers yet, but such numbers are significantly fewer).

Quote:"He does what the majority think is funny..."

Going out of one's way and completely changing their style (in this case artistically*) for the sake gaining more fame/popularity - in my book - is the very definition of a sellout. I loathe PDP, but I know Felix is a cool/nice guy. To me, that again supports the idea that he is intentionally acting like an idiot to gain more viewers/popularity.

Also, his fan boys are the cancer of the internet (I'd like to point out I didn't just say "fans", just in case someone tries to play semantics with me later).

*Artist doesn't literally mean someone who draws, it is one who entertains: music, comedy and visual arts are all mediums for entertainment**, which is why I'm using this term. On second thought, perhaps I am giving PDP too much credit.

**entertainment = amusement/enjoyment,

I rate it 3 memes.
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 08:52 PM)Kman Wrote: Dark Side, considering that those "stupid lawltroll" let's players are what made Amnesia so famous, I doubt FG mind much. I mean hell, I heard of Amnesia because I saw a let's play, and I bet you at leat 95% of the other people on this forum did too. Even putting that aside, considering he fact that Thechineseroom said "If we don't get as many cool YouTube videos of people having fits, then I'll be disappointed" in regards to AMFP, I really don't think they hate them as much as you seem to think.

In all honesty, if everyone who LPed Amnesia treated it like spr srs bsns then I, along with many other people, would be bored out of my mind. It's a horror game, you're supposed to get scared and scream. I mean hell, I've been in development of my mod for over a year now and I can guarantee you the first thing I look forward to after I release that thing is YouTube videos of people shitting themselves over it, and I am most definitely taking that thing seriously.
Do you have a vendetta against my pants?

(09-16-2012, 09:03 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I'd also like to point out that pre to late teenage males are the LP watching demographic according to those hip YouTube statistics, I'm not just saying that condescendingly. Of course there are outliers just like any other set of data (i.e. people who are in their 20s or haven't become teenagers yet, but such numbers are significantly fewer).

Quote:"He does what the majority think is funny..."

Going out of one's way and completely changing their style (in this case artistically*) for the sake gaining more fame/popularity - in my book - is the very definition of a sellout. I loathe PDP, but I know Felix is a cool/nice guy. To me, that again supports the idea that he is intentionally acting like an idiot to gain more viewers/popularity.

Also, his fan boys are the cancer of the internet (I'd like to point out I didn't just say "fans", just in case someone tries to play semantics with me later).

*Artist doesn't literally mean someone who draws, it is one who entertains: music, comedy and visual arts are all mediums for entertainment**, which is why I'm using this term. On second thought, perhaps I am giving PDP too much credit.

**entertainment = amusement/enjoyment,
Art is a thoughtful from of expression, and this can be done in teasing any of the senses. If that means all things anyone has ever created, ever(at least in the idea of "entertaining" dumbasses people), then you must consider that one video - by a certain Modern War Negro - to also be art. Though I'll be amazed if you can find one thing about it that's expressionistic about anything other than indigestion and terminal cancer.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 09:14 PM by failedALIAS.)
09-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Find