Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some AMFP Assets Not Appearing
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
Some AMFP Assets Not Appearing

All righty, I started working on a mod with some AMFP assets and some of them work and some of them show up in-game completely invisible.

I read on another thread that some of these assets would move to other locations in the map, so I moved this particular assets (fan_ceiling_short.ent) down to see if it would appear.

Lo and behold, it did not show up, BUT when I walked into the space it was supposed to occupy, the player ran into something invisible: meaning, object is there, texture is not.

I read through some other posts mentioning this issue, however I could not understand much past opening the DAE and ENT files in Notepad and something about .mat files.

In short, do I replace the textures so that I might see this beautiful fan? And please, explain this to me like I'm a complete noob (which I sort of am for the most part).

EDIT:
I went back into the Amnesia game to look over everything, and wouldn't you know, I found the fan! It's sideways, stuck in the floor, and I can walk right through it.

Seems the question I must really be asking is how do I bring this fan's body and soul together again?

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 10:55 PM by AGP.)
08-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Some AMFP Assets Not Appearing

Is that model, by any chance, located in the map's 0, 0, 0 co-ordinates? I believe that happens if it doesn't have a body attached.

08-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Find
AGP Offline

As a matter of fact, it is located at those coordinates.

08-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

That happened to me as well when I saved an entity file as a single billboard rather than including a mesh to attach it to. Unsure exactly why it happens and all the scenarios, but the entity is probably messed up. It might be that the mesh is not attached to the body.

08-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Find
AGP Offline

What would I need to do to get them attached again?

08-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Well, when I imported the assets, it worked fine for me. Are many of the objects like this? I think some of the more advanced objects are bound to be glitchy, but the fan should be okay. Maybe try re-importing that item?

08-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Find
AGP Offline

I've tried re-importing it, but it still doesn't show up. I even tried it on a different map along with one of the AMFP beds, still doesn't show, although the bed is there.

Now I don't even hit the space it's supposed to be in. It's completely not there.

08-05-2014, 01:12 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Here it is.

Attached Files
.zip   FanOfDoom.zip (Size: 1.02 MB / Downloads: 125)

08-05-2014, 02:38 AM
Find
AGP Offline

The fan is now in the center of the map, spinning the around motor section. 0.o

I probably put the files in the wrong place.

I put the electric_cabin files and the .dae in static_objects/spraylock and the .ent in entities/fan.

08-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

As long as the game can reach it it's fine. And by reach I mean any parent directory is mentioned in your resources.cfg.

In your case, you already have these, so it's fine.
/static_objects
/entities

Anyways, I included in the zip above any file you may need to have the fan working. You should remove the files you were using before to make sure the game is using the ones I gave you.

Oh and that .ent I included may need a little tweak if you plan to make it spin.

08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Find