Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daktoa's thread about things he's confused about
Daktoa Offline

Threads: 10
Daktoa's thread about things he's confused about

(08-05-2014, 11:27 PM)Mudbill Wrote: If you feel like you have lots of questions and don't wanna make lots of threads, just have one universal thread with lots of questions, like Kimmy does.

Mudbill was right, so here's my thread of all my questions I get confused with.

Most of these questions have to do with a custom story I want to create once I have a firm grasp of the editor.

-Is it possible to change the monster pursuit sound for different monsters?

-Can you create animated light templates? (there's a scene where a person talks to you, but you can only see their shadow in front of you as you are strapped to a chair.)

-Is it possible to have multiple types of lanterns in one story/conversion?
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 06:45 AM by Daktoa.)
08-09-2014, 04:43 AM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Daktoa's thread about things he's confused about

(08-09-2014, 04:43 AM)Daktoa Wrote: -Can you create animated light templates? (there's a scene where a person talks to you, but you can only see their shadow in front of you as you are strapped to a chair.)

do you mean this

08-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(08-09-2014, 04:43 AM)Daktoa Wrote: -Is it possible to have multiple types of lanterns in one story/conversion?

No it's not. Only one lantern per FC. CS' can't have a custom lantern.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-09-2014, 05:33 AM
Find
Daktoa Offline

No what I meant is to have a shadow casted of something that isn't there. The grunt was there casting the shadow. Possibly like how Dark Room plays nyancat on a wall.

And that's a bummer that you can't use other lanterns. I was thinking it'd be a cool effect if the hand became more and more damaged as the story progressed.
08-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(08-09-2014, 06:43 AM)Daktoa Wrote: No what I meant is to have a shadow casted of something that isn't there. The grunt was there casting the shadow. Possibly like how Dark Room plays nyancat on a wall.

Like how light comes in through a room and in the middle of that light there was a shadow but nothing is there?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 06:46 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
08-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Moved to the support section. Development is for WIP announcements and such.
08-09-2014, 06:59 AM
Find
Daktoa Offline

(08-09-2014, 06:45 AM)The First Captain Wrote: Like how light comes in through a room and in the middle of that light there was a shadow but nothing is there?

Pretty much, I'm trying to do this so I don't have to go through the trouble of getting someone to make a character model to make the shadow. I never intend for the player to actually see who is casting the shadow as part of the plot is not knowing the appearances of any of the suspects.
08-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Is it possible to change the monster pursuit sound for different monsters?
Yes, I would recommend creating a new copy of the entire entity (on your desktop in a folder) - you'll need the dae, msh, ent, spec/nrm/regular dds files. Easy-peasy from there: open up the .ent file with notepad++ and scroll down to where the long list of files is (things like health, sight, hearing, search time, chase music, that stuff) and edit the ones you want changed. It is important to rename your monster so you don't overwrite anything. I believe only the .ent file will need renaming (unless you plan on doing some retexturing as well). Move your folder back in to the entities\enemies folder and test it out. You'll need to restart amnesia if you want to see any changes you make after launching.

Can you create animated light templates? (there's a scene where a person talks to you, but you can only see their shadow in front of you as you are strapped to a chair.)
It's very possible to create moving shadows/lights. You'd need to animate it frame-by-frame (so like a drawn animation) and save each frame as a .dds file (to put under textures I think). Make sure they're all named "your_animation_name"_(number in the animation sequence starting with 1 and increasing). Set them as the gobo for a spotlight, set the animation style to "loop" and put the frame-rate at about 0.06. You can turn the light on in-game using a script in the hps file, then turn it back off when the animation's done. Black makes shadows, white makes light on the dds files.

Is it possible to have multiple types of lanterns in one story/conversion?
I don't think so since I've never seen it done, but I've never tried it myself, so it may be possible. You can only change the lantern in FCs though.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 08:38 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
08-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(08-09-2014, 08:37 AM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: Is it possible to have multiple types of lanterns in one story/conversion?
I don't think so since I've never seen it done, but I've never tried it myself, so it may be possible. You can only change the lantern in FCs though.

The ONLY workaround I know of is to allow the player to pick up an object that has a light attached to it (like a candle) and move it to the player's bottom left POV. There is a custom story which did this but its name escapes me in all ways.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

destiny rebellion?

08-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Find