Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Pineview Drive: House of Horror
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Pineview Drive: House of Horror

I'm actually playing this game and I guarantee this is superb scary. A really good horror game without blood and monsters! It's from germany created by the devs of truck simulators.Big Grin

The story and the puzzles are not worth to get mentioned, but the atmosphere and the sounds are quite brillant!!!
You have to survive in an old house for 30 days. What you have to do is to find out the history of a girl which lived there before. Most doors are locked, so you have to find keys to get through. This are 98% of the "puzzles". But as I said, the horror is excellent in this game.

After 8 hours I finished the creepy end. You guys should really try this.
Pineview Drive takes a lot of inspirations from the horror movie "The Woman In Black". This means there is a huge amount of intelligent scares.

Thomas, please play this game. I'm sure you would "enjoy" it. There are unique horror elements exclusively in this game.
Don't watch or listen other reviews, play it yourfelf!

[Image: 514NZbknT-L.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 08:52 PM by Googolplex.)
08-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Find
Daktoa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Pineview Drive: House of Horror

Why isn't Silent Hill written on that sign
08-10-2014, 04:41 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(08-10-2014, 04:41 AM)Daktoa Wrote: Why isn't Silent Hill written on that sign

Silent Hill is more or less an open-world horror game with a big outside location, where you're walking over streets to reach the next building.

Pineview Drive seems to be a lot different. No weapons, more exploration (similar to Gone Home) and only one building with a garden. And it's first person. Less monsters and violence stuff.
08-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I saw Jim Sterling playing this a week ago, wasn't too impressed, several questionable design choices and the game is supposedly sensing your fear and adjust accordingly but I didn't see anything of the sort when he played, or maybe he just didn't get far enough.

I like the idea though, the execution was pretty sloppy is all. Really like that you've started sharing more obscure titles here on the forums Goog, some of them I've never heard of, keep them coming. Smile

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

There's just about one thing I like about this game.

Dat statue booty.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Nobody here interested in horror games?
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 08:50 PM by Googolplex.)
09-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Find