Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A question about the Silent Hill Games
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30
RE: A question about the Silent Hill Games

[quote='Tanshaydar' pid='108010' dateline='1325335366']
Release order:
Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Silent Hill Origins (aka Silent Hill: Zero)
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Chronological order:
Silent Hill Origins
Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Silent Hill Homecoming
-Shattered Memories is a re-imagining of the first game, though it's more like a alternate universe of Silent Hill 3.

I highly recommend anyone to start from the first game to have a grasp on Silent Hill universe. I saw many people who claimed to understand Silent Hill but know nothing about it at all. It's a very deep story throughout ages, also every single game builds a legend upon others. Every single one of them should be played with attention, immersion and respect. Silent Hill series is a place where making games is truly becomes an art.

Every single game is a masterpiece on its own, and while Silent Hill 2 is best, my personal favorite is Origins for my personal reasons. [\quote]So how much of a reimagining is shattered memories? If I followed it up with 2 would it make any sense? Would the prequel spoil everything? Ps sorry if I am hard to understand I am using an iPod and am not finding it easy!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2011, 06:58 PM by jamhaw.)
12-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Prequel would spoil many things, and you wouldn't understand many things in prequel. Many people seem to recommend chronological order, which I'm strongly disagree, and I strongly recommend to play in release order.

Shattered Memories is sort of a different universe and to me it's not canon. It's like an alternative to Silent Hill 3, and although it is quite good on its own, it doesn't stand a chance against others in the series.

Also, chronological order doesn't mean story follows up in order. You'll discover that whole story is much deeper, something really different and strong.

01-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Start with the beginning obviously. But please note TWO THINGS:

1) Silent Hill 1 must have a Playstation ONE memory card to save. I've been wanting to play it on my playstation 2, but unfortunately do not have a PS1 memory card. You can imagine the tears that streamed from my eyes.

2) DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT base your Silent Hill experience off the movie. Any true SH fan knows it breaks SO MANY "rules" according to monster-meanings, story, and the ending. I hate when I say "do you know Silent Hill?" and they go "Oh! the movie? I loved that"... I shake my head.

I actually have been reminded to work on my SH2 Pyramid Head costume. I have the helmet base done... I already have the complete Homecoming version made. Was him for Halloween 2010... Felt amazing to walk around town and kids stare and me, as well as their parents like:

[Image: 282-mother-of-god.jpg]
01-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah, I had the same problem but with Metal Gear Solid. I played on it for hours and got pretty far into it, but then I realised the PS2 memory card wouldn't save the data. I was annoyed >_>

PS1 memory cards are rare to come by I think, but you could possibly get one for about £10 or so.

[Image: luv.gif]
01-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2

Orrrrrrr just download the PC version of SH1. Don't judge me Big Grin

Meh...
01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Find
vaxoxen Offline

Threads: 0

Silent Hill 1 was released on the Playstation Network (Europe) just before Christmas, so if you have a PS3 that's definitely the easiest way to play it now (not including emulating it, you damn pirates Wink )

For ~£5 its not too badly priced either (you'd probably pay more than that on eBay tbh)

I'm really enjoying it so far. I've only played SH2 and a bit of SH4 before, and I'd say it's as good as SH2 so far (I'm about 4-5 hours in). The graphics don't really put me off either - Even in it's rough edges and blockiness, it still creates an awesome atmosphere with the flashlight illuminating about a metre in front of you...

01-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Find