Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Group Four: a story of greed and vengeance
Canopus Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Group Four: a story of greed and vengeance

(10-14-2014, 07:17 PM)Darkfire Wrote: I'm about halfway through the first level, and:

1. No story at all (yet ?)
I have the story and all, I just got to add the notes... :)

(10-14-2014, 07:17 PM)Darkfire Wrote: 2. MORE DECALS
3. Some blinking models (example: after opening the first door after start)
4. Cool jumpscare (after picking machine room key), but using it once is enough.
5. You should use point lights more, because you use box lights wrong: there should be only a one for the WHOLE level. Transitions between 2 boxlights are hella ugly. Oh, and maybe you didn't notice, but usually lamps aren't enough to lighten the place. That's why u use point lights.
On my todo list :)

(10-14-2014, 07:17 PM)Darkfire Wrote: 6. WHO PLACES CANDLES LIKE THAT
I DO :D:D:D
(actually I had the candle selected when I duplicated something else in another room and didn't notice I duplicated the lamp aswell)

(10-14-2014, 07:17 PM)Darkfire Wrote: 8. The jumpscare after pouring water to the bucket was pointless.
It is not pointless story-wise, you'll see.

(10-14-2014, 07:17 PM)Darkfire Wrote: 9. Speaking about... All the time I have no idea what am I doing. I dunno why did I pull the lever (and what did it do). And why did I collect the bucket.
When you make puzzles (or anything else, actually) think like you were the player, and you didn't know anything. Helps to make them more doable.

That lever is utterly pointless and will get removed in the next update. About the puzzle, there is a note which I think gives hints on the solution of the puzzle (and pretty big ones at that :))
Spoiler below!
Noticed the pig carcasses in a room not too far from where the bucket was? You get to cut a slab of meat with a rusty knife you can find near the lantern, in a chest. Too bad it must be brought into condition first (in the basement). When you have both food and water, you are strong enough to level that door!
But yeah, will take that in mind when I work on more puzzles :))

(10-14-2014, 07:17 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Now, please don't think I want to insult you in any way. [...]

Of course I don't feel insulted, quite the contrary! I thank you for taking your time to relay your criticisms to me! :)

Cheers!

PS: When I get home, I will add screenshots of the map I'm working on.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2014, 11:10 AM by Canopus.)
10-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Find